IGNORED

Rovers Mob

SouthBristolCityBhoy

Are things changing in Bristol?

In the last 15 years it would have been unthinkable them drinking that near Ashton Gate. Before the game, there were the usual posts about tunnels and Rovers not turning up.

I saw them marching to the ground and what happened after and they weren't the quiet little mice that they were being portrayed as.

I for one was very surprised.

I'd certainly be up for a Bristol derby every year…the atmosphere was fantastic and it was a good match, especially 2nd half. Perhaps that would lessen the likelihood of 'trouble'

I agree with that but hope we continue to lord it over them for some time to come by being a division or 2 higher.

Judging by the Gas reaction after their 2007 win and still banging on about it for 6 years till we beat them makes me think they may become a little unbearable if they were even 1 position higher in the football pyramid.

Are things changing in Bristol?

In the last 15 years it would have been unthinkable them drinking that near Ashton Gate. Before the game, there were the usual posts about tunnels and Rovers not turning up.

I saw them marching to the ground and what happened after and they weren't the quiet little mice that they were being portrayed as.

I for one was very surprised.

and it is fact that one of their "mob"phoned the police to tell them exactly which pub they were in speaks volumes .the fact

Really? How do you know they did that out of interest?

It seems people aren't bothered where they drank before the game - maybe it's just me. Anyway, we won where it counts - on the pitch.

Really? How do you know they did that out of interest?

It seems people aren't bothered where they drank before the game - maybe it's just me. Anyway, we won where it counts - on the pitch.

So what's your point then?

From what I saw they drank in the Cross Hands before the game, got themselves protected by the Police, arrived late and went for the easier target of the Williams Stand. After the match, by all accounts there was a few scuffles in the Winterstoke Road area....that's about it. Hardly impressive but what ever floats your boat. Like someone else said, it's not as if they took over the Lions, Miners Arms etc.

Archived