IGNORED

Possession Based Football (Sic)

Evander SnowyField

What the hell are our tactics? I just watched 90 minutes of pumping the ball long to the shortest striker in the league and an attacking midfielder who doesn't even jump for headers!!!

I'm not going to blame the players, we have no clear tactics. Pboro were well drilled, had a plan and stuck to it, a benchmark for our performance today.

If we are playing the line up we had today then we should be playing it on the floor, if we are pumping it then harewood has to start - simple.

What the hell are our tactics? I just watched 90 minutes of pumping the ball long to the shortest striker in the league and an attacking midfielder who doesn't even jump for headers!!!

I'm not going to blame the players, we have no clear tactics. Pboro were well drilled, had a plan and stuck to it, a benchmark for our performance today.

If we are playing the line up we had today then we should be playing it on the floor, if we are pumping it then harewood has to start - simple.

You obviously weren't at Ashton Gate then.

I was there, for the 90 minutes, and if you go through the other threads started since the game finished then a lot of others mention the long ball and how it won't work with baldock and jet.

You're taking me a bit literally, I didn't mean ALL game but there really wasn't any other clear tactic, was there RRH? And it definitely wasn't the possession based football that we keep being associated to! Very poor. And everyone agrees the tactics were wrong for this game.

Agree played the ball on the floor most of the game, sadly there was just no real outlet, chances made. We are a little slow, and often static, we get the ball and pass to feet most of the time even if their is 10-20 yards of space in front of the player - play the ball into space and make / let the player run onto it - Posh were much better at this, passing into space their players, and also running with the ball - something we seemed to forget we could do until the 2nd half....

worryingly we seem to be only able to compete for one half of any game... I think things will turn around, but it's dissapointing to watch atm

I wasn't at the match, but the BBC say that we had 59% possession. I must admit I would be happy with 41% possession if we'd won 3-0

The first half we had a lot less possession and what we did was pretty much passing across the back line - 2nd half we were much better, but I am not sure if that was Posh just sitting back as they had the game already won, or us playing better.

Archived