IGNORED

Not Physical Enough

Welcome To The Jungle

In this League, most teams are more physical, and with Posh, every player was either quick or built like a brick shit house. With their number 9 adding great quality we were closed down and harried, forced to hoof it. Their attacks consisted of kicking it over our defensive line and chasing it, and as they were much quicker, they often got it.

You can counter this with good pass and move, but we don't have that yet. Could be a long old season yet...though we've played most of the big boys now, bring on the Shrews on Tuesday COYR

In this League, most teams are more physical, and with Posh, every player was either quick or built like a brick shit house. With their number 9 adding great quality we were closed down and harried, forced to hoof it. Their attacks consisted of kicking it over our defensive line and chasing it, and as they were much quicker, they often got it.

You can counter this with good pass and move, but we don't have that yet. Could be a long old season yet...though we've played most of the big boys now, bring on the Shrews on Tuesday COYR

You are right and SO'D has alluded to that fact. However, if you get promoted via that manner, you then get found out in the Championship as Peterborough keep finding out.

We need to develop a passing/possession based style of football, but somehow still be competitive with the physical sides in the meantime.

You are right and SO'D has alluded to that fact. However, if you get promoted via that manner, you then get found out in the Championship as Peterborough keep finding out.

We need to develop a passing/possession based style of football, but somehow still be competitive with the physical sides in the meantime.

Amen to that, brother.

I agree though our only real physical players are flint, elliott and harewood. Everyone else seems to lack pace and size

I think you are right. People have mentioned us doing a Swansea in the past, a good passing team who's football was a joy to watch. I think there are a couple of players still there who were with them since their league one days. I'm all for doing a Swansea and doing it properly rather than yoyo-ing like Peterborough.

We have to find a balance.

I'm afraid that we are going to out muscled from time to time but it was ridiculous that Reid and Bryan got booked today.

We need to shore up the defence, and after looking like our best players last season, both our full backs do not instil confidence. Maloney isn't bad but I'm sure O'Connor is better, while Cunningham still isn't the same player that we saw before his injury last season.

We need to bring in Shorey and Carey to tighten things up. Until we can manage to keep a clean sheet we are done for.

Archived