IGNORED

Gary Johnson - "fontaine Looked Decent"

hippy273

Our defence was awful today, but Fontaine played his first appearance for Yeovil off the bench today following Byron Webster's dismissal in the 40th minute and Johnson noted Fontaine had a decent game on BBC Bristol. I said it before in another post, but i'll bet Fontaine will play like the old Fontaine under Johnson. For me it question's the level of training our players are being put through, particularly defensive training.

He needed to move to get some confidence, it can do wonders for a player. Probably a weight off his shoulders being away from City and hopefully he'll get his old game back.

I couldn't give a shit if he got his old game back or not. He's out of contract at the end of this season and is one of the (if not the) highest earner. I'm content that he won't be playing for us again.

I couldn't give a shit if he got his old game back or not. He's out of contract at the end of this season and is one of the (if not the) highest earner. I'm content that he won't be playing for us again.

He may not be, but who has the last laugh if he does? It only shows we aren't doing enough on the training ground and that perhaps half decent players are putting in a poor shift as a result of others.

Maybe so but this wasn't started as a fonts bashing thread - there's loads of others for that though.

Our defence was awful today, but Fontaine played his first appearance for Yeovil off the bench today following Byron Webster's dismissal in the 40th minute and Johnson noted Fontaine had a decent game on BBC Bristol. I said it before in another post, but i'll bet Fontaine will play like the old Fontaine under Johnson. For me it question's the level of training our players are being put through, particularly defensive training.

Hope he plays well enough to get a move and we get a transfer fee for him either from Yeovil or another club, as SoD has said picking Fontaine creates issues for the team as his selection does cause a negative issue from the fans.

Had some good years which will be remembered, but he's finished at City.

The reality is that time is up for Fontaine at the Gate. Kilkenny is another who the club will be looking to offload at the next transfer window if not before, assuming that some other club is daft enough to stump hugely overinflated wages for him. Pearson will be shifted out as well and we will be left with the youngsters and a few more senior players.

Just hope that it clicks fairly soon!

Small wonder really! Your own fans howling for your head is hardly going to install confidence in a man.

But they only did that after a season of mainly terrible performances where he cost the team lots of points. What do you expect!

We can't read anything into one game. He had the odd decent one for us last season, but all hopes of upturn proved false dawns.

Let's see how he does after a run in the side.

Same 'bullied' Fontaine laughable posts coming up. Fact is recently he was crap here. Reasons? Who cares now. We are better off without than the Fonts who has been here after failing the medical when he accepted a chance to leave.

Archived