IGNORED

Put Carey Alongside Flint

allyolly

Flint as captain? That's the best joke I've heard in a long time!

If we are paying Carey's wages for another year and he is fit we should be playing him. We are in desperate need of keeping a clean sheet, and at least with Carey you know he would lay his life on the line to protect the goal.

Why not a back 4 of O'Connor, Flint, Carey & Shorey? Can't be any worse than what we have had recently.

Youth is all very well, but we need to start winning some games and fast. That means not conceding goals - if only!

No harm in trying this at present.

I don't understand why he started O'Connor CB today. Didn't SOD say he would always try and put round pegs in round holes? Yes O'Connor was steady against the gas but he isn't a CB and isn't going to be the long term answer to this on going problem.

Still mystified as to why Shorey was dropped. I thought we wanted experience at the back? The bloke was class against Rovers and Cunningham had an absolute mare.

It would make a good combination.

Carey is short - Flint is tall.

Carey doesn't win balls in the air - Flint does.

Carey lacks presence - made up by Flint.

Flint lacks experience - Carey has plenty.

Flint can't read the game - Carey can.

Flint likes food - Carey has a BBQ going.

Actually Louis wins lots of headers.

That said, I'm not sure the OP's proposition would work, for reasons that Fiale has said.

No harm in trying this at present.

I don't understand why he started O'Connor CB today. Didn't SOD say he would always try and put round pegs in round holes? Yes O'Connor was steady against the gas but he isn't a CB and isn't going to be the long term answer to this on going problem.

Still mystified as to why Shorey was dropped. I thought we wanted experience at the back? The bloke was class against Rovers and Cunningham had an absolute mare.

Didn't SOD also say that O'Connor was his player of the season at Doncaster, as a Centre Back..?!

Don't let the fact that someone is versatile trick you into thinking that they are being played out of position.

Didn't SOD also say that O'Connor was his player of the season at Doncaster, as a Centre Back..?!

Don't let the fact that someone is versatile trick you into thinking that they are being played out of position.

I'm not disputing he can play there. My point is we have had a problem at the back for a long time so why are we looking at short term solutions again?

Archived