IGNORED

City & Gas - 2 Down And Beaten Football Clubs

Mr Mosquito

Following on from City's home defeat in the 3rd tier of English football and the Gas' away defeat in the 4th tier, I started reading Leroy Rosenior's article on page 67 of the Bristol Weekend Post September 13th-15th. The main picture shows Gas Chairman Nick Higgs and he truely looks like a down and beaten man with heavy bags under his eyes. Like the problems City have had with the council and NIMBY's, the Gas have had the same it seems and it's taking its toll.

Anyway, Leroy Rosenior poses the question of whether either City or the Gas will ever have a stadium of sufficient standards to give either club a fighting chance of competing at the top levels of English football. He also writes about the benefits of City and Gas sharing a brand new ground. All in all a great and thoughtful one page article.

Nick Higgs has always had terrible bags as far as i can remember? But on a serious note I agree with Leroy, it is sad to say for Bristol in general.

To me, that EP picture of Nick Higgs really stands out as it really does look like that of a down and beaten man - he looks pretty tearful as well. You've got businessmen doing their best and trying to put Bristol football back on the map and they're being hampered at every turn. Not good for Bristol as a City let alone for the Bristol football clubs and their supporters. Great article by Leroy Rosenior highlighting the problems that this club and the Gas face in a clear and coherent way.

To me, that EP picture of Nick Higgs really stands out as it really does look like that of a down and beaten man - he looks pretty tearful as well. You've got businessmen doing their best and trying to put Bristol football back on the map and they're being hampered at every turn. Not good for Bristol as a City let alone for the Bristol football clubs and their supporters. Great article by Leroy Rosenior highlighting the problems that this club and the Gas face in a clear and coherent way.

Ahhh yes, I've just seen it again, the bags are a lot more vivid.

Archived