IGNORED

Eastend Yesterday

Hartcliffe red

As soon as I got in the ground and saw where the netting was I knew the atmosphere would be poor.It always is when the home fans are given too much room.Fans are too spread out and the crowd never sings as one like when we have less of the stand.

Right off colour the Eastend, and while it still gets loud its been jaded for a period. That is not because of the form of the team, but because of a shift in nature from fans.

Used to wince (cover my sons ears), and laugh at the near knuckle chants which on occassions were heard nowhere else but at Ashton Gate. Now its become like everywhere else.

Against Bradford, Wolves, Peterborough, anybody the chants are/were interchangeable with the opposition, both sets of fans sing identical songs, or very close. It isnt just City fans who have become dull its all (Gers apart) of them.

Such is modern football sadly.

I think it is related to the performances on (and) now off the pitch. The team hasn't played very well for 3+ years.

Happy fans are more creative. Unhappy fans may be there is body but not in soul.

No I would agree 100% with Barrs Court red. The lads who moved into the stand had clear strong ideas. The success they created has led to a large influx of those who want to be part of the naughty Eastend, but actually in turn dilute its "naughtiness appeal".

Winning leads to the same sheep like aping of "lets do what Man City ... " do. That is standard for fans now everywhere.

The atmosphere is very much driven by what happens on the pitch.Is it any wonder the crowd are struggling after what we have been served up the last few seasons?

It didnt once in the EE. the mentality has changed. younger fans and others have brought in everywhere else. what gets sung now is little different to rovers swindon reading brentford pick a motorway to go down and you hear the same.

Agree with you there RK.It is depressing when you see new song threads on here and they are nearly all edited versions of generic songs used by countlesd clubs.I was referring more to the volume of the songd rather than the quality.It was great against Rovers to hear how many of OUR songs wr had compared to their one.

Agree with you there RK.It is depressing when you see new song threads on here and they are nearly all edited versions of generic songs used by countlesd clubs.I was referring more to the volume of the songd rather than the quality.It was great against Rovers to hear how many of OUR songs wr had compared to their one.

Didnt think the songs were that varied v the gas. Its not th ed results or team its the culture and personell now. One called it men in replica shirts add familes and i take mine those there for the cheap tickets and the number of participants has got lower. v 2007 the number has been turned on its head. Also when city are winning many dont know the history they sing what they are familiar with and that is from you tube soccer am and the big teams on tv.

Was way below par - not helped by the spread of fans and the scoreline.

At 0-0 the songs were of the ubiquitous kind heard at a Swindon or Watford. The stand was formerly notable for its wide repotoire and bawdy traditional feel, and that has ebbed away over a extended period not games. The emphasis has altered. City follow the leaders now.

Archived