IGNORED

Gerken - City Are Such A Big Club With So Much Potential

hippy273

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/23587/gerken-glad-to-be-back-closer-to-home

Gerken reflected on his time at Ashton Gate, which ended with Sean O’Driscoll’s men propping up the Championship table and being relegated to League One.

He added: “It was a strange season. City are such a big club and have always had so much potential to do something but it just hasn’t clicked for them.

Still have a lot of respect for Gerken despite us not playing him over James, i'd say we are a 'strange' club if i'm honest.

“It could hardly have worked out better for me. I was on a free transfer and you never know what is going to happen. I’m not going into details but my time at Bristol City had come to an end long before I actually left. I knew what the situation was going to be and I started planning for it.”

This is an interesting quote. I wonder why his time came to an end before he left?

It could hardly have worked out better for me. I was on a free transfer and you never know what is going to happen. Im not going into details but my time at Bristol City had come to an end long before I actually left. I knew what the situation was going to be and I started planning for it.

This is an interesting quote. I wonder why his time came to an end before he left?

He still has some sort of respect for us regardless of if he knew what was coming. A lot of players just can't wait to leave, it's always good to see professionalism despite things not working out.

Archived