IGNORED

This Time Next Week

Go Junior GO

Ive got a feeling that we will have at least 4 points but also think 6 is not unrealistic.

I know we all hoped that we would beat Peterbrough but if you take the facts into consideration they are a better club than us at the moment.team/chairman/scouting system etc.

we wil get there but if everyone was realistic and thought that anything above mid table and a few good cup runs was a bonus this season i think everyone would start to feel happier and enjoy match days a bit more.

im looking forward to two games this week and will get behind the team

Ive got a feeling that we will have at least 4 points but also think 6 is not unrealistic.

I know we all hoped that we would beat Peterbrough but if you take the facts into consideration they are a better club than us at the moment.team/chairman/scouting system etc.

we wil get there but if everyone was realistic and thought that anything above mid table and a few good cup runs was a bonus this season i think everyone would start to feel happier and enjoy match days a bit more.

Are you including the 3 we've already got?

Well said, Go Jnr GO, well said, mate.

I've been scrolling through here with a magnifying glass to find some positive comments.

As most people can, I can see and appreciate both ends of the emotional spectrum here:

- the positive come on it's only 6 games in there are lots of good things happening (have you all forgotten JET?! After one - admittedly lacklustre - performance! Did we really think he'd play like he has for 90 mins in every game? Everyone has off days [plural] - or else he'd be in the Champ/Prem!)

- and the negative we're doomed I tell ye, relegation looms! This club's already down the toilet...

My opinion? We're somewhere in the middle: some good play, some good new additions to the team, some great results (albeit not in the league), improvements to be made, some things still not addressed at all and the aftertaste of last year is hard to shake.

But as others have said, we were happy when GJ used to say let's see where we are after 10 games. we were more than happy when he said that and we, by and large, did wait till then.

10 games is about a quarter of the season, 15 games is a good time to look at things, but even then!

97/98 didn't start well (15th after ten games) and that ended in promotion with a new manager. There are numerous other examples of this happening, I can't be wassnamed to find'm right now.

THIS IS A LONG-TERM, 2/3 YEAR REBUILDING PROJECT.

Why the hurry to go up so quickly?

I just nearly spat a good quality Syrah over my screen, then I saw the / It certainly feels like a 23 year project............

Apologies, Maesknoll, apologies.

Mind, it is only Syrah! Or was it a Jaboulet Crozes-Hermitage 1989? That I could understand.

PS better off on the Barolo or the Amarone / Valpolicella, imo!

Now there's a thread I wanna follow up: red wine!

Archived