IGNORED

Season So Far...

I Am A Cider Drinker

Bradford

A team just promoted, first game of the season against one of the apparent big boys of the division, they obviously raised their game but got lucky with the crazy mistake from fielding.

Coventry

Terrible first half from city, maybe slightly unlucky with the penalty, some refs would have given it others may not have, second half sod changed it city got back into it well, again a stupid mistake let cov back into the game as city were well on top when a lump upfield led to a goal.

MK Dons

A good point away from home. Didn't go so can't say much more.

Wolves

1 of the 2 strongest teams in the division, great goal for their first, city get back into it well in second half but first shot they have from inside city's box in the second half goes in.

Gillingham

A draw away from home never a bad result but should have won, didn't go but with the number of shots and possession we had its quite unbelievable how we didn't pick up 3 points here Sam baldock will score that type of chance 9 times out of 10.

Peterborough

2nd of the 2 strongest teams in the division. Poor goalkeeping for the first goal, second goal is a wonder strike and third was when we only had 2 men back as we were chasing the game.

So overall in points we have dropped during the games:

2 points vs Bradford

1 point vs Coventry

2 points vs MK Dons

1 point vs Wolves

0 points vs Gillingham

0 points vs Peterborough

So during games we have dropped 6 points.

You could even say we gained a point vs gillingham

Realistic expectations vs actual results

So before the games realistically thinking what could we expect from these games in our position as a club in a state of massive overhaul? And the outlook of the teams we played?

Bradford

Draw

0 points lost or gained on expectation

Coventry

Draw

1 point lost

MK Dons

Draw

0 points

Wolves

Draw

1 point lost

Gillingham

Win

2 points lost

Peterborough

Draw

1 point lost

If you really think about each game and the position and situation each team is in plus the stage of the season we played them at I would only be expecting city to be on 8 points.

Now considering that I feel we have dropped 6 points during games after the positions we found ourselves in through mistakes or other teams taking their chances then we haven't had that bad of a start but have simply been quite unlucky.

Obviously many people will have a different perspective and will expect city to win every game but I've tried to be realistic and just show our first few games from a different point of view.

Anyway I'm expecting 3 points tonight so COYR

Archived