IGNORED

Not A Gimme

harvey54

Unfortunately ,nothing is a gimmee for us. The only thing is, if I was a Shrews fan I'd be thinking "16 games without a win, we're bound to lose!"

Ain't that the truth.....wondering whether to go big on Orient tonight, at home to Notts County......surely at some point LO will lose one, and NC will win one....actually may do a Shrewsbury/County double!

Appears that Shrewsbury have only lost to Orient in the League so far and they have won all their games.

Also appears to be a lot of 'if we can't beat Shrewsbury' talk around at the moment.

Chris Weale in goal too, may have 'one of those nights'.

Lets not worry about the opp eh?!

Lets play to our strengths and worry about what we do rather than Shrews. Take the game to them, we are the home team.

We don't do that often enough for my liking.

We're strong enough to IMO.

I just hope we don't go in our shell because of Saturday's score line. The first 20 minutes of that game we looked very good and it looked imminent that we would score, sadly a costly mistake changed the game.

Just forget the scoreline and play how we started on Sat!

I just want to walk out of the ground at 9.40pm having seen the team give everything for the cause. None of this Pussyfooting round the we saw on Saturday.

Yep, to be fair, most City fans (at the games) are generally very accepting as long as they can see that the players have given everything.

I remember the last game of our 7 defeats in a row under Gary Johnson against Bradford, we done eveyrthing except score and lost courtesy of a late Carey own goal. The players were applauded off the pitch.

Lack of ability and even mistakes can be forgiven, so long as it's clear the effort is being put in.

Unfortunately ,nothing is a gimmee for us. The only thing is, if I was a Shrews fan I'd be thinking "16 games without a win, we're bound to lose!"

No, that maxim only works the other way around, i.e. when we are playing a team 16 games without a win we always lose.

Archived