IGNORED

Sod Is The Man For The Job

ciderbeans

Totally agree!

It doesn't help anyone, at a time when we need to all be pulling together. Of course everybody is frustrated by our current lack of wins, but this WILL change sooner or later.

I'm not being "happy clappy" as I have to say, I'm concerned that in the last 2 games, it seems like we have started to go backwards, after at least having one good half of promising signs in all of our previous games this season.

The only way we are going to get things sorted though, is to stand tall together, players, fans & management to start getting some points on the board, which should breed some much needed confidence and then hopefully we can push on from there.

Next up, Swindon - COME ON CITY!!

Totally agree!

It doesn't help anyone, at a time when we need to all be pulling together. Of course everybody is frustrated by our current lack of wins, but this WILL change sooner or later.

I'm not being "happy clappy" as I have to say, I'm concerned that in the last 2 games, it seems like we have started to go backwards, after at least having one good half of promising signs in all of our previous games this season.

The only way we are going to get things sorted though, is to stand tall together, players, fans & management to start getting some points on the board, which should breed some much needed confidence and then hopefully we can push on from there.

Next up, Swindon - COME ON CITY!!

Well said.

I am concerned, frustrated and far from a 'happy clapper' but the negativity will only make things worse. I can understand fans frustrations but booing is not the way to go.

We need a delia moment on the pitch. Sod to come out with a microphone and say 'let's be avin ya!' The crowd really need a boot up the arse sometimes

Not sure that bit is in the long term plan.

Perhaps it should be!!

I think the jury is still out on SOD personally. Thats MY OPINION.

Oh well, look at that. I responded to a thread on something I dont agree with without bashing and slating the main poster.

Agree, no point being over-negative, but ignoring results and performances, and pretending all is rosy is very blinkered.

Agree, no point being over-negative, but ignoring results and performances, and pretending all is rosy is very blinkered.

Don't forget that the epic cry of "Dicks out!" was heard many years before the 80's meltdown. Before a certain afternoon in Leeds, AD's job was very much on the line as his young team were struggling near the bottom of Division 2.

I remember telling a Leeds fan on the way out that "this'll play hell with our relegation struggle". We were 21st out of 22 that day and, if we'd lost, I strongly suspect that AD would have been on his bike.

Much the same could be said of Alex Ferguson, at a higher level. Patience is needed, not a quality associated with football fans, particularly in Bristol. Alternatively, the Board needs to keep its nerve, and that hasn't covered itself in glory recently.

Who knows? Maybe a cup run in the LC or the JPT will buy time for O'Driscoll to work his magic. Only time will tell..

Don't forget that the epic cry of "Dicks out!" was heard many years before the 80's meltdown. Before a certain afternoon in Leeds, AD's job was very much on the line as his young team were struggling near the bottom of Division 2.

I remember telling a Leeds fan on the way out that "this'll play hell with our relegation struggle". We were 21st out of 22 that day and, if we'd lost, I strongly suspect that AD would have been on his bike.

Much the same could be said of Alex Ferguson, at a higher level. Patience is needed, not a quality associated with football fans, particularly in Bristol. Alternatively, the Board needs to keep its nerve, and that hasn't covered itself in glory recently.

Who knows? Maybe a cup run in the LC or the JPT will buy time for O'Driscoll to work his magic. Only time will tell..

Sacking the manager every time results don't go your way is not the answer. There are many examples of teams that have been very patient and given the man at the helm sufficient time to turn things around. Our own Alan Dicks and Fergie as you say. Another very good example is Nigel Clough @ Derby who would have been sacked long ago by other clubs but who has been given the time by the clubs owners to quietly and sensibly build a squad now capable of challenging for promotion to the Premier League. They have done it the 'right' way and so should we. Give SOD the time and the backing and show the required patience and I'm sure he will produce.

We need a delia moment on the pitch. Sod to come out with a microphone and say 'let's be avin ya!' The crowd really need a boot up the arse sometimes

I think he is embarrassed by his Wolverhampton accent, why he whispers and mumbles. Could only get away with doing the Delia at Molineux. Or Bournemouth. Think about it, spent most of his career at Fulham (zzzzzz), Bournemouth (zzzzzzz) and diddy Doncaster (zzz). Then he gets here and we go nuts for a jpt round one win over 4th divvies, followed by bit of booing at two home games. Not what

wants or is all that used to. Probably put the wind up him.

As for whether he is up to the job, I don't know. But before doing anything hasty, give the Yank bankrolling Sunderland a call, ask him how he feels about his "marquee" managerial stab-in-the-dark from the end of last season.

Archived