IGNORED

Average Age

Go Junior GO

I would love to know the ave age of people on this forum, seems a lot of young uns who have only known the recent gary johnson era without the years of doom and gloom in the 80's

I for one am enjoying watching a team evolve with a game changer in jet

we need to improve and also the young players will get better if given time

but its not that bad!!!

real football fans come out when times are tough!

I would love to know the ave age of people on this forum, seems a lot of young uns who have only known the recent gary johnson era without the years of doom and gloom in the 80's

I for one am enjoying watching a team evolve with a game changer in jet

we need to improve and also the young players will get better if given time

but its not that bad!!!

real football fans come out when times are tough!

It's quite simple really read between the lines to place the age.

Iam an old fart who started watching in the early seventies (last century) the likes of Galley,Garland and company.

I witnessed the golden era in the first division and the Brown coloured era at the bottom (no pun intended) of the league.

All a fascinating journey of mostly lows it has to be said but by crikey when we have a high...

As has been said "no pain ,no gain"

Sorry for the wait

I would say there are far more season ticket holders in that 8-10,000 who moan more than pay on the day supporter!

Correct, there's a bloke who sits near me who makes Victor Meldrew look like Coco the clown.

But he's there every week, and not just when it suits him and for that reason alone he's entitled to his point of view.

I would say there are far more season ticket holders in that 8-10,000 who moan more than pay on the day supporter!

I think that figures. ST holders form a captive audience and buy their tickets in advance with high hopes, cruelly dashed when the season starts ;)

At least if you're POTD you don't have to come next week, although you probably will.

Mind you, if you think it's bad being a ST holder at City, try being a Life Member at the Glos :badmood:

I think that figures. ST holders form a captive audience and buy their tickets in advance with high hopes, cruelly dashed when the season starts ;)

At least if you're POTD you don't have to come next week, although you probably will.

Mind you, if you think it's bad being a ST holder at City, try being a Life Member at the Glos :badmood:

What did you do to get a life membership at Glos, play for them?

I'm not so sure. I'm a ST holder in block F of the Dolman. The end block "G" and higher reaches of block "F" are used more by pay on the day. The booing around me on Tuesday was unquestionably from block "G". Can't speak for the other stands, that's just what was going on around me. All I can say is that I'm a season ticket holder as are all those around me. Nobody booed, we have a moan and have our opinions. Virtually all the lads around me support S'OD except one bloke who will without fail start moaning within one minute of kick-off and will continue until the final whistle.

What did you do to get a life membership at Glos, play for them?

No, in a moment of wild optimism, I used some of my retirement money to buy Life Membership. Since then, they've played all their proper cricket in the sodding winter (like today) and the summer is all hit-and-giggle :(

And they've got bloody Lindley's in to do the catering :grr:

This is interesting my 8-10,000 was based on general attendances over my time supporting club not season tickets sold.

I've never had season ticket!! go home and away as often as i can.

my general point was why the panic we probably wont go up but we should look for highlights like cup runs and watching players come through i think if we make play offs i would be delighted but we must stay together trust sod and build for next season

This is interesting my 8-10,000 was based on general attendances over my time supporting club not season tickets sold.

I've never had season ticket!! go home and away as often as i can.

my general point was why the panic we probably wont go up but we should look for highlights like cup runs and watching players come through i think if we make play offs i would be delighted but we must stay together trust sod and build for next season

Oh no! Not another happy-clapper ;)

You'v'e had success, especially in the one day'ers..

:yes:

Old Git supporter from 1970 totally fed up of the wait for better times pick and chose games this season after years of having a season ticket, heard so many grand schemes and empty false dawns that i don't believe much of what comes out of the club .

Gary Johnson had his faults but i've lost so much interest in the faceless managers and boardroom since his departure at least when Colin Sexstone was there we got some feedback and we had a front man to get answers from.

Now its a faceless chairman a disenchanted owner and a collection of people trying to rescue a sinking ship.

Old Git supporter from 1970 totally fed up of the wait for better times pick and chose games this season after years of having a season ticket, heard so many grand schemes and empty false dawns that i don't believe much of what comes out of the club .

Gary Johnson had his faults but i've lost so much interest in the faceless managers and boardroom since his departure at least when Colin Sexstone was there we got some feedback and we had a front man to get answers from.

Now its a faceless chairman a disenchanted owner and a collection of people trying to rescue a sinking ship.

Is that what they're doing. I thought they were reserving their lifeboats, to be honest.

Supporting since the mid 1960s through thick and thin. Now retired and spend most of my life dreaming about what might have been for City. Overall the club has been managed quite poorly and although it purports to be fan friendly it usually gets things wrong. That is no fault of the manager or team and I like to see young players developing - as long as they don't get relegated!! COYR!! Dolman Block D is where I sit and most of the fans are pretty supportive of SOD and what he is trying to achieve - although many of us are hurting.

No, in a moment of wild optimism, I used some of my retirement money to buy Life Membership. Since then, they've played all their proper cricket in the sodding winter (like today) and the summer is all hit-and-giggle :(

And they've got bloody Lindley's in to do the catering :grr:

From what I can see as someone who follows Glos from a distance of 200 miles, they seem to be in quite a similar situation to City. They have the makings of a decent young side which should improve in years to come and they're sorting things out off the pitch to secure a bright future. Glos seem to be a little ahead of City in that respect (and have achieved the near miracle of actually building something in Bristol.) Maybe it's worse if you actually attend matches but the feeling I get is that the worst is behind them and they are starting to move forward again.

From what I can see as someone who follows Glos from a distance of 200 miles, they seem to be in quite a similar situation to City. They have the makings of a decent young side which should improve in years to come and they're sorting things out off the pitch to secure a bright future. Glos seem to be a little ahead of City in that respect (and have achieved the near miracle of actually building something in Bristol.) Maybe it's worse if you actually attend matches but the feeling I get is that the worst is behind them and they are starting to move forward again.

Certainly better to watch, even if it is in the freezing cold :colder:

• Admin

Seeing as there is a hint of cricket in this thread, after seeing City get relegated last season, just hope Somerset don't have the same fate next week.

That will be one hell of a sporting season for me!

First game at City was in 1987 for me, when I only had one chin and could run without collapsing like an ashtmatic

Archived