IGNORED

David Lloyds Blog

i hate rovers

Been going on for years in all stands. One bloke from the Ee was in the Dolman. Club spotted him on cctv thinking he had gone in from the EE offside at half time and then sent him a letter saying if it happened again he would be banned. Slight mishap was he did have a season ticket for the dolman from work and an Ee one personally.

EE big brother is watching you.

Crackin new murray flag in Ee mr L how about that?? Raise your game all!!

It's a shame Dave headed up his blog "Ticketing issues".

He could have made the lead piece the story of the fan talked about in the second half of the blog, and called the blog "Bristol City help make a very special day".

The fan talked about is a mate of mine who is a massive City fan, one of life's true characters, with a unique sense of humour, but seriously ill, and the family referred to in the blog was in fact mainly our old football team together with his family, who got together as a reunion and in honour of our mate.

When my mate was a lad, his hero was John Galley, and the club tracked down and arranged for Galley to give him a call on the morning of the game. As an aside, our reminiscing of the great man included the home game to Orient circa 1973, City 3-1 down at half time and came back to win 5-3, including a 30 yard volley from Galley which I can still recall screaming into the top corner at the Park End even now.

Before the game, there is a draw among the 100 or so in the restaurant for one person to win an on the pitch presentation immediately before kick off- fortuitously won by my mate.

After the game the man of the match usually receives his award - Dave announced (surprisingly enough) no player was worthy of man of the match, and they had decided to make the man of the match award and bottle of champagne to my mate, who was duly presented with it by another old favourite, Howard Pritchard.

My mate had a magnificent day and Dave and Bristol City as a club played a very big part in that.

Dave takes more than his share of stick on here, some of it completely unwarranted, some of it needlessly personal.

So Dave (not sure if you noticed me in among the group) if you are reading this, as I know you will, thanks for making the day so special, and I would suggest everyone should try to recognize the human touch displayed by Dave and the club that day.

And Nige, don't know if you read these forums, but if you do, brilliant day mate, like the old days with everyone back at the Prince, great to see you on top form. Oh and got a little present next time I see you.

It's a shame Dave headed up his blog "Ticketing issues".

He could have made the lead piece the story of the fan talked about in the second half of the blog, and called the blog "Bristol City help make a very special day".

The fan talked about is a mate of mine who is a massive City fan, one of life's true characters, with a unique sense of humour, but seriously ill, and the family referred to in the blog was in fact mainly our old football team together with his family, who got together as a reunion and in honour of our mate.

When my mate was a lad, his hero was John Galley, and the club tracked down and arranged for Galley to give him a call on the morning of the game. As an aside, our reminiscing of the great man included the home game to Orient circa 1973, City 3-1 down at half time and came back to win 5-3, including a 30 yard volley from Galley which I can still recall screaming into the top corner at the Park End even now.

Before the game, there is a draw among the 100 or so in the restaurant for one person to win an on the pitch presentation immediately before kick off- fortuitously won by my mate.

After the game the man of the match usually receives his award - Dave announced (surprisingly enough) no player was worthy of man of the match, and they had decided to make the man of the match award and bottle of champagne to my mate, who was duly presented with it by another old favourite, Howard Pritchard.

My mate had a magnificent day and Dave and Bristol City as a club played a very big part in that.

Dave takes more than his share of stick on here, some of it completely unwarranted, some of it needlessly personal.

So Dave (not sure if you noticed me in among the group) if you are reading this, as I know you will, thanks for making the day so special, and I would suggest everyone should try to recognize the human touch displayed by Dave and the club that day.

And Nige, don't know if you read these forums, but if you do, brilliant day mate, like the old days with everyone back at the Prince, great to see you on top form. Oh and got a little present next time I see you.

Well said Nick.

Archived