IGNORED

Southampton Away..

chalky

Who's going? Club said we'd sold over 200 tickets around a week ago, anyone know how many we have sold now?

Not got a ticket yet but may go down if I can persuade a few mates to come down in the car with I. Relatively short trip, shouldn't take more than 2 hours.

I consider myself an absolute **** - working tues, driving driving down to watch and then back as we've got a big gig on just outside brum 8am weds...

Despite the away trips to Gillingham and Southampton, I won't cinsider it a cup run unless we go through; don't expect a win, hope to see some good football though and push a prem team as far as we can!

Yes got the ticket. Don't expect too many Southampton fans, as not happy having to pay £18 to watch a team near the bottom of Div 3. Expecting a crowd of around 10-12,000, which may help us. Parts of the ground expected to be closed off.

Obviously a lot of your fans aren't happy about watching Premier League games as there always seems to be plenty of empty seats at your home games, no pleasing some eh... :thumbsup:

Oh really, never been to Southampton before so ground I need to tick off. Very bland boring bowl by the looks of it though - similar to Leicester, Swansea etc.

there was a great atmosphere when we beat them on 30th Dec 2011. A lower roof than Ricoh generates more sound, however it was full that night

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/old-grounds-and-stands/the_dell_southampton.htm

Some great pictures of their old ground the Dell which I never went to. Anyone have the pleasure of watching City here? Any good memories?

In the 70s, a tasty City mob travelled down to the Dell in the back of a removal lorry. The mind boggles!

I believe the driver may have been given his P45 the following Monday morning. I'm sure someone will confirm.

No Lindley back then so I guess the food was good as well?

Also something has been on my mind all day... How old is Horace?

I refer the Honourable Member to my previous answer -

"Actually, if you do the maths you can see that Horace is 1 3/4 hedgehog years, equivalent to 20 1/2 human years."

In fact his second birthday is on 3rd November 2013. I hope you'll all put that in your diaries.

I remember our Dad taking me on a night match down there in the PROPER 1st division.

All I can remember is they give us a proper hiding on the pitch, but what holds more in the memory is the fantastic atmosphere that night, it seemed to roll up the pitch as they attacked. On a par with The Baseball Ground for atmospheres.

THANKS DAD x.

I remember our Dad taking me on a night match down there in the PROPER 1st division.

All I can remember is they give us a proper hiding on the pitch, but what holds more in the memory is the fantastic atmosphere that night, it seemed to roll up the pitch as they attacked. On a par with The Baseball Ground for atmospheres.

THANKS DAD x.

3-1? If so, that's the one where I slagged off their hard man Gerry O'Brien in the pub afterwards without realising he was standing almost next to me :fear:

Turned our to be a really nice guy.

3-1? If so, that's the one where I slagged off their hard man Gerry O'Brien in the pub afterwards without realising he was standing almost next to me :fear:

Just had a quick scan through our results.

Tues. 29th April 1980. A 5-2 reverse.

As an aside, anyone with five minutes to spare just have a look at our opponents / results from 76 to 80.

Anyone to have the pleasure to watch these years can count themselves very lucky indeed.

We are light years away from anything like this........

:sad26::sad26::sad26::sad26: :sad26:

Have I done anything to upset H ? About five years ago he always used to pop in for a milky bread but then stopped

:sad26::sad26::sad26::sad26: :sad26:

Have I done anything to upset H ? About five years ago he always used to pop in for a milky bread but then stopped

Nah. Cheap cat food or Lindley's hot slugs. They're lactose intolerant, see. Might have been his dad, though :)

Seriously, cat food is better for them. Give them the cheap stuff and the cat the expensive stuff. Then there'll be no arguments.

It's brilliant when they do turn up, though :)

I refer the Honourable Member to my previous answer -

"Actually, if you do the maths you can see that Horace is 1 3/4 hedgehog years, equivalent to 20 1/2 human years."

In fact his second birthday is on 3rd November 2013. I hope you'll all put that in your diaries.

The Happy birthday thread and a Lindleys pie from me

Archived