IGNORED

"video Nasty's"

S. Bristol Born & Red

Can't remember the name of the film now but back in the eighties i saw a real snuff film (although at the time i did not know it was real) I remember this girl being tied up then having her hand cut off and thinking to myself...' Blimey that looks real' The blood her screaming etc..... F *****g sick Bastards

"I spit on your grave" was another one. I saw the remake a few weeks back and it was as carp as the original.

The Exorcist always scared the shite out of me and I remember storys of people throwing there selfs out of windows because they thought they were possesed and apparentley they had medics at each screening because people kept fainting :blink:

The Exorcist is one of my favourite films, genuinely scary, disturbing yet thought provoking without the need of today's gore and special effects.

So true, I saw it when I was 15 and havent been able to watch it all since (30 years on) one poster posted a pic in a recent post of Linda Blair and I couldnt sleep that night.

"I spit on your grave" was another one. I saw the remake a few weeks back and it was as carp as the original.

The Exorcist always scared the shite out of me and I remember storys of people throwing there selfs out of windows because they thought they were possesed and apparentley they had medics at each screening because people kept fainting :blink:

Same with Saw V although I think that was a publicity stunt. Would it be right in thinking that when people watched horror films in the 70s/early 80s that they were more shocked then the people of todays generation?

The one that springs to mind is 'Evil Dead'. We got it from the old shop next to the Enterprise. I remember there was only one moment when the bowels quivered,but luckily,1 of our 6th form video gang had shorts on while sat on a leather settee. So while I 'jumped' a bit,He did also but made the telltale noise of separation from his seat. I got away with it and we still rag him about it to this day. We also that day got a bit of VHS filth called Big Susan,it should've been called Dont Bother.

Can't remember the name of the film now but back in the eighties i saw a real snuff film (although at the time i did not know it was real) I remember this girl being tied up then having her hand cut off and thinking to myself...' Blimey that looks real' The blood her screaming etc..... F *****g sick Bastards

Afaik it wasn't. There was a scandal at the time about a snuff movie being shown at Hollywood parties, until it was pointed out that the actress "killed" in the film was still alive and well and acting. Such stories are on a par with what was found after Marc Almond (or whatever celebrity) had his stomach pumped , fictional stories that keep being reinvented.

Driller Killer

The papers slated this "horrific" movie, one of my mates got hold of a copy and we all settled down to be horrified. It was prettty poor.

I remember the main character "drilling" a guy who was sleeping on the streets...were cordless drills available at that time? or did he have a long extension lead!

I remember the main character "drilling" a guy who was sleeping on the streets...were cordless drills available at that time? or did he have a long extension lead!

Didn't the guy have some sort of battery pack.

I enjoyed Driller Killer but I think it was so hyped up with all the nasties scare that it could never match viewer 'expectations'.....like most of the films on the list!

Archived