IGNORED

Remember This Lot?

harvey54

James, Cisse, Fontaine, Ntayanga, McGivern, Skuse, Kilkenny, Elliott, Pearson, Adomah, Maynard

That was the team that beat Southampton 2-0 on 26th Nov 2011.

The same 11 plus Wilson for Fontaine went to Saints 5 weeks later and won 1-0.

Southampton went up automatically that season and have stayed up.

City..............well, we all know where they are now.

Looking at the team and the manner that they took Saints apart at Ashton Gate I was wondering how the hell these 12 players suddenly became poor players. Until McInnes arrived they were playing with no confidence and suddenly they were beating teams that were above them in the table.

Also, looking at those players I would suggest that Albert Adomah is the only one that has not come in for serious criticism since.

Skuse, Adomah and Maynard, Nyatanga and Fontaine left for teams in the Championship. Others didn't renew contracts and some have been sold but most have them have suffered serious, sometimes vitriolic verbal abuse from 'City fans' over the last 2 seasons.

If the knuckle scrapers on here get their way, Kilkenny, Elliott and Pearson will be gone in January and the transformation will be complete.

We deserve to be where we are. We have no right to expect to beat teams such as Shrewsbury and we are looking at a season of struggling to lift ourselves to mid-table respectability.

Teams depend on confidence as much as technique, good coaching etc and winning becomes a habit. Losing also becomes a habit unfortunately and it appears that the current side are struggling to believe that they can win games again.

Negativity from the supporters plays a huge part in this and whilst performances have not been the best to watch, the team needs the fans to be patient, to support the team and get behind them when they are struggling.

I believe in what the club and Sean is doing on the pitch and I also believe that the players we have now are good enough to at least push up the table and finish comfortably mid-table still.

I also believe that a minority of fans will not be happy until they have destroyed this manager because of his personality and not his ability to coach footballers.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not sure why that team was so capable of blowing hot and cold (much more cold than hot!) but looking at it compared with our current team there's a lot more physical presence (Elliott AND Cisse) also pace (Adomah and to a lesser extent Maynard). Two players who on form would worry any side and needed to be closely watched (again Maynard and Adomah).

As a goal threat and consistent target-hitter Maynard (love or hate him) is miles ahead of Baldock.

In those days, when we lost Maynard teams often doubled up on Adomah, reducing his threat and making us easy to play against...... Which leaves me with a nasty thought: what happens if/when teams start doubling up on JET?

I'm not sure why that team was so capable of blowing hot and cold (much more cold than hot!) but looking at it compared with our current team there's a lot more physical presence (Elliott AND Cisse) also pace (Adomah and to a lesser extent Maynard). Two players who on form would worry any side and needed to be closely watched (again Maynard and Adomah).

As a goal threat and consistent target-hitter Maynard (love or hate him) is miles ahead of Baldock.

In those days, when we lost Maynard teams often doubled up on Adomah, reducing his threat and making us easy to play against...... Which leaves me with a nasty thought: what happens if/when teams start doubling up on JET?

They try already scénario a. JET leaves thèm all behind looking rather stupid or

B.our players make use of the space left by the second opposition defender

Either way win/win

That team, with a couple of additions, finished the season well and then started the following season well too. 4 goals against Palace and Cardiff, a win at Peterboro and a draw at Watford.

Then we got the injuries. Stated with Skuse and Cunningham, followed by Foster, Fontaine, Carey, Wilson, Elokobi, Bryan etc etc

Momentum lost, confidence gone

Funny how its all the fault of the supporters. I would've said the players were more to blame.

Coventry seem to be coping with a fans boycott pretty well.

You have just supported that point......... only supporters at six fields are positive ones - hence no supporters knocking them and they are doing pretty well

• Admin

Funny how Ipswich were 0-1 down to Yeovil on Tuesday night and got booed off.

Second half played a blinder and won the game, Mick McCarthy in interview after the game mentioned the crowds reaction SPURRED THE TEAM ON, TO IMPROVE AND TRY AND WIN THE GAME!

One thing that always intrigues me about players and supporters at City

When a few hundred people boo, everyone seems to hear it

When a few hundred sing and get behind the team nobody seems to hear it

Interesting analogy.

Why is it that you aren't a knuckle scraper?

Some people may consider that I am.

Maybe I should have phrased it a little better.

How about 'negative numbskulls' or 'mindless morons'.

I refer to the people who are unable to post anything constructive or positive about some of our players.

Some of the abuse dished out to Fontaine, Lee Johnson etc over the last few years has been disgusting. At the end of the day these are players who don't deliberately lose confidence or play badly.

I refer to the people who are unable to post anything constructive or positive about some of our players.

Some of the abuse dished out to Fontaine, Lee Johnson etc over the last few years has been disgusting. At the end of the day these are players who don't deliberately lose confidence or play badly.

Interesting article in the Guardian today about Scott Boswell, who bowled a disastrous 14-ball over against Somerset in a Lord's final. It took ten years for him to recover to the extent of being able to play club cricket -

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/18/scott-boswell-and-the-yips

Would booing him have helped?

You have just supported that point......... only supporters at six fields are positive ones - hence no supporters knocking them and they are doing pretty well

Yes I did consider that. But it must be dispiriting in itself, playing to a few hundred souls when you are used to thousands?

[quote name="phantom" post="1877345" timestamp="

One thing that always intrigues me about players and supporters at City

When a few hundred people boo, everyone seems to hear it

When a few hundred sing and get behind the team nobody seems to hear it

apart from the spelling (that should be FRAZED) I totally agree with you

Archived