IGNORED

Not Often I Say This....

RedZoneJim

Good read indeed

Conversation coming out of AG on Tues:

Bloke 1 "Yeah it's disappointing because Shrewsbury aren't as techical able but they did their job"

Bloke 2 "You what?!"

Bloke 1 "They were disciplined, got lucky off the counter attack yes but they came to put men behind the ball and they've come away with a draw - unfortunate not to win"

Bloke 2 "'spose, they did do didn't they"

And that's pretty much what AS has had done, the desire from most was for creativity - once you drill down through the "always sideways and backwards" and "keep lumping it forward" the only thing fans wanted really was a bit of magic to bamboozle the opposition ("I wish he was just, better").

Fair play S'OD hope he does mellow a little!

SOD talks a good game but he has yet to prove he can turn this into decent performances and as importantly, decent results.

Well he has proved he can do it in his previous jobs, given time. It took 8 games before he got a win with Bournemouth (against Swindon, interestingly enough) but they went on to finish 7th that year (above City). It took 9 games before he got a win with Doncaster, going on to finish 11th that year and win promotion the year after.

Obviously he has had more games than that with City but we need to draw a line between last season and this. They're very different teams and we're almost starting from scratch this year with a new team and a new approach. Give it time and we'll be OK.

You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig, sugar on a turd and it's still a turd. Analysis after analysis and be as statistically au fait as you like, but ultimately, wins are wins. That, to spout metaphorically, is the proof of this particular pudding. When the eloquence and petit-Wengerisms add up to 3 points a game, then the bouquets are deserved. until then it's relatively meaningless.

You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig, sugar on a turd and it's still a turd. Analysis after analysis and be as statistically au fait as you like, but ultimately, wins are wins. That, to spout metaphorically, is the proof of this particular pudding. When the eloquence and petit-Wengerisms add up to 3 points a game, then the bouquets are deserved. until then it's relatively meaningless.

True but analysis and stats can be useful in determining whether you are close or planets away from where you want to be.

Whether AS is an organ or not I have no stake in....I simply dont read his stufff.

But that was an excellent peice and should be printed in the next ******* home programme and handed out at the turnstiles to all the people that are crying already...If you think you are going to booo this young team dont go!

Blimey! It's not that good an article!

The fact that AS admits that he couldn't recognise what was unfolding in front of him on Tuesday night, doesn't make this a good article - it simply brings into question his ability to be in a position of writting the articles in the first place!

Basically, he was accusing SOD and the team of not performing and SOD put him in his place.

It's good that he has published the findings for consumption of the masses, but it all came about because of his lack of understanding of the game in the first place.

This is why SOD needs to be given time and patience - because he has a far more intelligent and detailed outlook on the game than pretty much any of us and any Journo.

Blimey! It's not that good an article!

The fact that AS admits that he couldn't recognise what was unfolding in front of him on Tuesday night, doesn't make this a good article - it simply brings into question his ability to be in a position of writting the articles in the first place!

Basically, he was accusing SOD and the team of not performing and SOD put him in his place.

It's good that he has published the findings for consumption of the masses, but it all came about because of his lack of understanding of the game in the first place.

This is why SOD needs to be given time and patience - because he has a far more intelligent and detailed outlook on the game than pretty much any of us and any Journo.

That is why it is a good article

Ok I'll say it. I shared Andy's view of Tuesday nights performance .

I was obviously wrong. In my defence I dodgy have the benefit of a replay scrutinising pass percentages etc.

But my comments about the team and SOD were off the mark. They are obviously trying just need that bit of luck.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not...

It wasn't a good game to watch as a city fan until the 70th minute really. But, like Nibor says it does take several watches of a game to truly analyse it.

It's tough, the entertainment factor wasn't there, but the development of the team unit was there to a degree which is what I think AS and SOD are getting at

Well, I'll put my hand up and say that like AS I saw the first half especially as poor.

However, I'll keep my hand up and say that SOD is talking utter bollocks.

I know what I saw and it was Fielding constantly pumping the ball up to a JET with lead in his boots.

I guess that Elliot had a decent pass rate. Mainly because he didn't make any passes. Or do anything else. "Statuesque" is unfair on statues.

Pack may have had an excellent pass rate but so typically did LJ....excellent pass rates do not score goals. Then again nor does Baldock who barely touched the ball.

Honestly guys are you really going to say that the first half against Shrewsbury wasn't that bad??!

SOD talks a good talk and most of you get taken in by it.

At half time we were losing 1-0 and I can't remember apart from waggys soft effort one attempt on goal. I did not feel at any stage we were going to score. On the other hand I didn't think they were until we made an error. Marlon pack may have only lost the ball twice but how many chances did he create , assists, shots on target ? As someone mentioned earlier, we drew 1-1 with Shrewsbury and failed to get 3 points on our 7th time of trying? I'm not saying I want sod out and I recognise they are young lads but I'm getting fed up with what I feel is him talking to us as is were all soft. It's a results business and were not getting them.

At half time we were losing 1-0 and I can't remember apart from waggys soft effort one attempt on goal. I did not feel at any stage we were going to score. On the other hand I didn't think they were until we made an error. Marlon pack may have only lost the ball twice but how many chances did he create , assists, shots on target ? As someone mentioned earlier, we drew 1-1 with Shrewsbury and failed to get 3 points on our 7th time of trying? I'm not saying I want sod out and I recognise they are young lads but I'm getting fed up with what I feel is him talking to us as is were all soft. It's a results business and were not getting them.

Viva le revolution.

Except when we lose. Or draw for that matter.

Maybe Sean should come on the pitch at half-time and tell everyone why the poor half of football we all just witnessed was actually great!

The fact that Shrewsbury were not very good was part of the reason for the general discontent.

It was an emminently winnable home game that yet again, we didn't.

aaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh.............did you not read ANY of it????

Archived