IGNORED

Hoping Harewood Starts

old_eastender

I'd like to see Harewood start too. I feel we'll have more chance of retaining the ball in the kind of areas we want to be. The last time we put in a decent 45 mins was in first half of the Rovers match was when Harewood started.

I'd even go so far as to drop Baldock because if he's not scoring then he's really offering nothing else at all.

wouldn't do that, would play it like this.

Parish

O'Connor, Flint, Williams, Shorey

Pack, Elliot

Bryan JET Wagstaff

Baldock

This side, 4-2-3-1, with fast counter attackipng football, would be our best bet personally.

Elliott would be nowhere near my starting line up, looked like a lost boy with no understanding of his role Tuesday.

If we are going to play hoofball like we did tue then I would start with Harewood also, he is a bit of a focal point and can bring the likes of Baldock and JET into play with his hold up play, the only downside to this is it will encourage us to hoof it even more so than we already are and I personally want to see the ball kept on the floor but moved with pace .

• Admin

I'd like to see something like this:

Fielding

Carey Flint Williams

O'Connor Reid Pack Bryan

JET

Baldock Harewood

Think we'd benefit from Carey's experience at the back and Harewood's strength up front whilst still allowing JET the free role he is so dangerous in.

Parish

Pack, Elliot

Bryan JET Wagstaff

Baldock

This side, 4-2-3-1, with fast counter attacking football, would be our best bet personally.

Didn't really work out when the outfield lined up like that on Tuesday for the first hour. I'd prefer Moloney to O'Connor, so we have someone with a bit more speed on that flank and Reid over Elliott, who didn't really get into the game.

Parish

Pack, Elliot

Bryan JET Wagstaff

Baldock

This side, 4-2-3-1, with fast counter attacking football, would be our best bet personally.

Did you intent to play Bryan on the right and Wagstaff on the left. With overlapping full backs that could work well

I doubt Harewood will start for 2 reasons.

We're away meaning Swindon will almost certainly come onto us. This should play into the hands of both JET and Baldock. We struggle when teams sit back against us. This is why we see a lot of long balls as there are no options into midfield. Baldock has scored all his goals away and that's no coincidence.

Secondly, if he starts Harewood as well as Baldock and JET, what are the attacking options off the bench? Harewood probably won't last 90 minutes. When Taylor is back and involved, he may choose this for home games as you can probably squeeze 90 minutes out of a combination of Harewood and Taylor.

352 is the way to go.

Parish

Carey Flint Williams

Maloney Reid Pack Cunningham

JET

Baldock Harewood

This way we retain 3 in centre midfield. This is the ONLY formation i've seen us use in the last 3 years that even remotely gives us a chance of retaining posession properly, whilst not being over run defensively.

352 is also not a defensive formation nomatter what anyone says.

Do it SOD!!

Archived