IGNORED

What Is It? Whats Gone So Wrong?

Jesus

I'm sat here, I can't believe what is happening to my football club. A few years ago Bristol City Football Club were on the verge of the Premier League, we weren't playing the best football that I've ever seen, but the fans, players and management all seemed to be one entity. A few years on, and we couldn't be further from where we were.

At the moment we've got a football club that doesn't communicate with the fans, a team that seems to crumble at every opportunity, a SIMPLE ticketing problem where fans can't get into the ground, and a manager that seems to want to provoke the fans at every opportunity.

Now, I was, and still am, a SOD fan. I think he actually talks sense, but, their is a massive difference between talking a good game and actually getting the players to perform on a Saturday. Do I think this is solely SOD's fault? No, I don't, however he is hardly endearing me with his constant swipes at the fans. I also feel that our squad is far to lightweight for this league and we really haven't solved our defensive issues, and I'm sorry, Flint and Fielding simply aren't good enough.

So where do I think its all gone so wrong? Is it a coincidence that our massive, and almost unstoppable slide down the football league coincides with Mr Lansdown leaving the country and practically our club?

We have been left with a management structure that is not only inexperienced, but full of non-footballing board members who are extremely distant from the fans. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Landown, but handing the control of a football club over to his son seems like his worst move. I've never felt so distant from what is going on at the football club. And what experience has Jon got? Well, here is his work experience....

Managing Director
Bristol City Football Club November 2011 – Present (1 year 11 months)
Executive Director
Bristol City Football Club

March 2011 – October 2011 (8 months)

New Stadium Team
2009 – 2011 (2 years)

Investment Helpdesk & VCT Helpdesk
Hargreaves Lansdown 2005 – 2009 (4 years)

So, we have a MD that has no experience whatsoever!!! To me, this is craziness, and it is showing with the management of the simpler issues around the club, ie the ticketing system.

Please Mr Lansdown, please come and sort this mess out, this club is falling to pieces around us and I don't feel like we've got a leader, a real leader, guiding the ship. The club isn't a play thing for your son, and we need some control. I feel as though the club is out of control, and we haven't heard anything from top of any substance or reassurance. I'm sick to death of hearing about the "5 pillars" to success.

So, I think what I'm try to say, and not very well, is that our trouble are coming from the top, and this needs sorting ASAP.

It went wrong when SL stepped down. It got worse when Colin Sexy left, because seemingly EVERYTHING has gone downhill from that point.

One **** up after another. Empty rhetoric/pure bollocks spouted at every turn. ....

...however I think this is as low as it will go, and the upward curve will start after beating Colchester

I'm sat here, I can't believe what is happening to my football club. A few years ago Bristol City Football Club were on the verge of the Premier League, we weren't playing the best football that I've ever seen, but the fans, players and management all seemed to be one entity. A few years on, and we couldn't be further from where we were.

At the moment we've got a football club that doesn't communicate with the fans, a team that seems to crumble at every opportunity, a SIMPLE ticketing problem where fans can't get into the ground, and a manager that seems to want to provoke the fans at every opportunity.

Now, I was, and still am, a SOD fan. I think he actually talks sense, but, their is a massive difference between talking a good game and actually getting the players to perform on a Saturday. Do I think this is solely SOD's fault? No, I don't, however he is hardly endearing me with his constant swipes at the fans. I also feel that our squad is far to lightweight for this league and we really haven't solved our defensive issues, and I'm sorry, Flint and Fielding simply aren't good enough.

So where do I think its all gone so wrong? Is it a coincidence that our massive, and almost unstoppable slide down the football league coincides with Mr Lansdown leaving the country and practically our club?

We have been left with a management structure that is not only inexperienced, but full of non-footballing board members who are extremely distant from the fans. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Landown, but handing the control of a football club over to his son seems like his worst move. I've never felt so distant from what is going on at the football club. And what experience has Jon got? Well, here is his work experience....

Managing Director

Bristol City Football Club November 2011 – Present (1 year 11 months)

Executive Director

March 2011 – October 2011 (8 months)

New Stadium Team

2009 – 2011 (2 years)

Investment Helpdesk & VCT Helpdesk

Hargreaves Lansdown 2005 – 2009 (4 years)

So, we have a MD that has no experience whatsoever!!! To me, this is craziness, and it is showing with the management of the simpler issues around the club, ie the ticketing system.

Please Mr Lansdown, please come and sort this mess out, this club is falling to pieces around us and I don't feel like we've got a leader, a real leader, guiding the ship. The club isn't a play thing for your son, and we need some control. I feel as though the club is out of control, and we haven't heard anything from top of any substance or reassurance. I'm sick to death of hearing about the "5 pillars" to success.

So, I think what I'm try to say, and not very well, is that our trouble are coming from the top, and this needs sorting ASAP.

The only thing we have done wrong is not sorting out a shambolic defence, in Jet we have one of the top 3 players in the division, we must have conceded 100+ goals in the last 12 months, i have never known such a woeful defence as we have had in this period of time

The only thing we have done wrong is not sorting out a shambolic defence, in Jet we have one of the top 3 players in the division, we must have conceded 100+ goals in the last 12 months, i have never known such a woeful defence as we have had in this period of time

agreed

Archived