IGNORED

Cruel Loss

Swindon8er

Actually played pretty well today. Flint was immense at the back, JET looked difference class and Elliot had a great game, the main ones who deserve a mention.

What on earth is wrong with Fielding? He looks shot to bits, and the City fans started getting on his back pretty badly, not that I can blame them he was shocking today, nearly made two very bad costly mistakes.

How can we not hold onto a lead though ever? So frustrating, it's like once we're infront we are waiting to concede, we were actually dominating the game at 2-1 up then concede right before the break, unacceptable, again defence looked awful first half, and I think the first goal was down to switched off players from a throw in, no vire of their winner so I can't say anything on it.

Not sure where we go from here, play like that in general and we should be near the top of the league, but you can't keep conceding goals like we are, and I'm not sure what we do to stop it...

Finally a great chance in injury time for Maloney, hit the underside of the bar and cam back out when he had to score really, summed it all up..

Actually played pretty well today. Flint was immense at the back, JET looked difference class and Elliot had a great game, the main ones who deserve a mention.

What on earth is wrong with Fielding? He looks shot to bits, and the City fans started getting on his back pretty badly, not that I can blame them he was shocking today, nearly made two very bad costly mistakes.

How can we not hold onto a lead though ever? So frustrating, it's like once we're infront we are waiting to concede, we were actually dominating the game at 2-1 up then concede right before the break, unacceptable, again defence looked awful first half, and I think the first goal was down to switched off players from a throw in, no vire of their winner so I can't say anything on it.

Not sure where we go from here, play like that in general and we should be near the top of the league, but you can't keep conceding goals like we are, and I'm not sure what we do to stop it...

Finally a great chance in injury time for Maloney, hit the underside of the bar and cam back out when he had to score really, summed it all up..

Thanks for the report. I had this game chalked in to attend, but sadly an employer made me an offer I literally couldn't refuse.

I am slightly heartened in that we did play well, but the report of Fielding's continued shakiness gives me further cause for concern.

We went through all this 'undroppable goalie making mistakes and costing us points' with James and now I fear we could be seeing James the Second!

I have no faith in SOD to see what everyone else can see, and play Parish.

I expect he has prepared a video to back up his POV.

This is exactly how I saw it today. Also thought Pack had a great game.

Two sides great going forward but very dodgy at the back, made for a great watch. We had the better of the midfield particularly 2nd half but they looked dangerous on the counter, Ranger is a cut above this league.

Anyone in any doubt over the performance today just pop over to the Swindon forum. Quotes like: "City much better than I expected, didn't look like a relegation team" and "they stopped us playing in midfield, unlike Wolves".

It seemed the last 10 minutes we sat back hoping to get a point, when we were playing well pushing up.

Against Southampton on Tuesday night i can see us letting in 7, to cap it all sod will play Parish in goal, which wont do him any good better then having double figures with fielding

I've said as much in another thread - things looked much improved today and IF (big if) they can sort the defence out a bit, then we will have a good young team on our hands.

Well i would like to ruin the young team and stick Carey back in along side flint, he might be slower in his legs, but the experience he has more than makes up for pace, cant be any worse then we got now.

Thought we deserved a point. Swindon were very good in the final 3rd where as we aren't great at the back. 1st half was quite equal in my eyes but I thought we had the best of the 2nd half. Unlucky not to get at least a point. As said at the top Maloney hitting the underside of the bar on 90+3 or whatever summed it up.

Thought Pack was our best player along with Flint today, great game to watch, we did not deserve to lose.

The problem we have is the statical fact that we have not win in the league for so long, otherwise you would shrug your shoulders and accept the odd loss like this where the team played well overall scored goals and entertained us

This is exactly how I saw it today. Also thought Pack had a great game.

Two sides great going forward but very dodgy at the back, made for a great watch. We had the better of the midfield particularly 2nd half but they looked dangerous on the counter, Ranger is a cut above this league.

Anyone in any doubt over the performance today just pop over to the Swindon forum. Quotes like: "City much better than I expected, didn't look like a relegation team" and "they stopped us playing in midfield, unlike Wolves".

Totally agree, :clap:

Spot on report by OP with Flint my mom. Bad goals to concede and if we were getting done by worldies but today again were poor ones. Williams switched off and throw went over his head and his guy scored.. 2nd was ours to clear in the corner but got charged down and their guy ran across the edge of box and three of ours didn't get near and miscued cross/shotevaded everyone. 3rd again we didn't clear our lines and ball headed back in and not sure who Ranger rolled in the box?

Chances galore and Bryan was through and Baldock was square for a tap in but poor pass was cut out and Maloney missed a sitter. JET was unplayable, Shorey and Pack were great but thought Marv was really poor. Always in the wrong place and only catches the eye with the odd tackle where if he was a thinking footballer he would be positionally sound. Fielding couldn't be blamed or goals but made two howlers with a charged down clearance and soft shot went through his hands.

Disappointed with result but not performance and only criticism of SOD would be why not play Reid in behind top two although Wagstaff did well 2nd half.

On the balance of the game and some of the stuff we played when we were in possession we clearly deserved at least a point from the game, but if you make it as easy as we do to create chance against us you're never going to win anything. You find yourself bemoaning we didn't make the most of our possession and chances created in the second half, but we scored 2 goals away from home. You wouldn't be going home empty handed if you had any semblance of a plan of how to defend.

I know it may sound obvious, but we just don't know how to win a game. When we score we seem incapable of killing the game for a period of time to consolidate our lead. You almost think about not celebrating our goals at the moment because in the back of your mind you know it wont be too long before we're picking the thing out of out net.

JET was superb and it really is just a nonsense that he is playing for a team that lie where we do in League 1. He was playing them on his own at times in the second half.

Same as most posters I thought going forward we look good but defensively we look so poor as a unit, As much as I thought Pack did ok when he was on the ball I thought he was sat so deep it gave Elliot a hell of a lot of work to do and gave Swindon time to play which I thought they did very well, fielding just doesn't seem to inspire his teammates with any confidence and you can see his confidence is shot at the moment, Flint I thought was superb today and was my MOM, A lot of positives today but also a lot of negatives but hopefully that win will come next Sat, on a real negative how poor was our support today, not the attendance but the actual atmosphere, don't think ive been to an away game where it has been so bad.

Archived