IGNORED

Swindon. Decent Comments To Be Honest. Sod Needs To Be Given More Time

Dolman Block B

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=52542.210

Excellent result but no way should the shitheads be down there....a lot better than the position they are in..
I think that's 17 league games without a win for them. I hope they Driscoll more time.

What a cracking game!
Putting rivalry aside Jay Emmanuel Thomas was the best player on the pitch by a mile and TBH it's hard to see why Shitty are in the bottom 4 - looked more than decent to me.
Their no 10 was a class above anything else in the City side and they'll do well to hang on to him.

I think you have to give some credit to Bristol City. Yes, they will have raised their game today. But they did match us in many areas. Game really could have gone either way at the end. They do seem rely heavily on a few key players, but will prob not be in the bottom four for long on today's showing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdEFCZvSjcs&feature=player_embedded

In four years Cheese

Last season my son's 9 year old team won the "Fair Play" award - voted for by the opposition managers. This year they took part in a tournament and again won the "fair play" award as voted for by the bastards in black (locally known as the referees). They've won **** all games though.

Last season my son's 9 year old team won the "Fair Play" award - voted for by the opposition managers. This year they took part in a tournament and again won the "fair play" award as voted for by the bastards in black (locally known as the referees). They've won **** all games though.

How exactly is that the same as them all saying we played well?

How exactly is that the same as them all saying we played well?

When you win you're quite happy to be quite magnaminous to the opposition. Awww, they played well, plucky little team, did quite well but just couldn't quite put it together. When I played, the teams that were as good as us and likely to rival us for the Championship of promotion were demonised, they were bastards who played dirty and would cheat there way to win the game. The teams we beat easily were "very unlucky" and "played well" bless 'em - can we play you every week?

Get my drift?

When you win you're quite happy to be quite magnaminous to the opposition. Awww, they played well, plucky little team, did quite well but just couldn't quite put it together. When I played, the teams that were as good as us and likely to rival us for the Championship of promotion were demonised, they were bastards who played dirty and would cheat there way to win the game. The teams we beat easily were "very unlucky" and "played well" bless 'em - can we play you every week?

Get my drift?

Your comparison still makes no sense. And if it was the other way round, do you really think City fans would be pouring on here saying how well our rivals played? Hardly.

Your comparison still makes no sense. And if it was the other way round, do you really think City fans would be pouring on here saying how well our rivals played? Hardly.

Hmm, ok. It's been so long I guess you've forgotten how we praise those we beat.

Noticed these comments on their forum...

Their defence is awful and I haven't seen such an awful goalkeeping display at the Cg since Phil Smith days. Fielding is truly terrible and it sounds liek City fans hate him, which means the bloke is going to have a torrid year, especially at home.

Was just going to post the same - in full:

Think people are being a little too generous to BCFC'82. Their defence is awful and I haven't seen such an awful goalkeeping display at the Cg since Phil Smith days. Fielding is truly terrible and it sounds like City fans hate him, which means the bloke is going to have a torrid year, especially at home.

Yes their 10 is good (when he has the ball) but he looks very lazy off it.

City are where the deserve to be, they need to toughen up.

Word of praise for Flint, he had a good enouh game and clapping the entire crowd afterwards was very noble, respect to the bloke.

Out of the mouths of babes...

I agree sod needs more time, but next Saturdays selection could possibly start yo change my mind. If Parrish starts Tuesday and plays well he has to start Saturday. Fielding is not the only defensiive frailty but he is shaky and causing problems.

For a long period in the second half yesterday we played very well. We passed the ball well, and with purpose and it is hard to accept we lost that half of football. Yet at the same time you always had the feeling that if we didn't score when we were on top, then we would probably lose the game. That's the main problem for me, when we are under pressure for 5 mins or so the opposition always seem to score. We are simply unable to soak up any pressure whatsoever and it is ridiculous that this is seemingly still such a big problem after so many games. Even their goal aside they went through and goal and but for a tame shot at Fielding would have gone 3-2 up sooner in the match.

Yesterday wasn't even close to being our worst performance this season and for 30 mins in the second half we looked like a good football team. The end result though was the same and for all our good work if we do not sort our defence out we will continue to concede at a silly rate. That's 8 games and counting...

Archived