IGNORED

Sod In

nellie

Some of our fans can't back anyone other than someone who gets results and gets them fast, I understand the frustration, I share it, but bringing in a new face at this point is not going to change results in an instant. SOD is a long term plan and if we can't back our players and manager and boo them then it won't be SOD who will lose the dressing room, it'll be the fans.

The fans are restless, that's plain to see and the players know it, getting on their back, booing the manager etc, it's demoralising and has a big effect. If the results continue I can see SOD losing his job but we need to give him time to get the team gelled together and get that defence stronger, if it doesn't happen then he'll have to go but sacking him now just means a new manager with a team who still need to gel and nothing that can be changed other than training and maybe approach from the manager.

Our fans who are booing are just as much to blame as anyone else right now as it doesn't help in any way, shape or form and all it does is cause more unrest in our club.

Some of our fans can't back anyone other than someone who gets results and gets them fast, I understand the frustration, I share it, but bringing in a new face at this point is not going to change results in an instant. SOD is a long term plan and if we can't back our players and manager and boo them then it won't be SOD who will lose the dressing room, it'll be the fans.

The fans are restless, that's plain to see and the players know it, getting on their back, booing the manager etc, it's demoralising and has a big effect. If the results continue I can see SOD losing his job but we need to give him time to get the team gelled together and get that defence stronger, if it doesn't happen then he'll have to go but sacking him now just means a new manager with a team who still need to gel and nothing that can be changed other than training and maybe approach from the manager.

Our fans who are booing are just as much to blame as anyone else right now as it doesn't help in any way, shape or form and all it does is cause more unrest in our club.

You were doing ok up until the highlighted word.

I feel sorry for SO'D, as we all know he had a massive mess to clear up at this club and patience is vital.

The problem is, us fans have had to put up with total $hit football for far too long and we've been very patient all things considered. The way I see it is GJ in his final months here, followed by KM, SC and DMC have really drained the supply of patience the fans had left. Now if SO'D had come in after GJ went then I think he'd have been cut far more slack, but reading a lot of these threads, it appears a lot of people have just had enough of failure and haven't got the tolerance for yet more.

FWIW, even though SO'D's record for us so far has been really poor, I think long term he is the right person to make this sick club well again. The problem is, I really fear there aren't enough fans willing to stomach the medicine for a long enough period for him to do the job.

He really has to start getting some results to show there is some light at the end of the tunnel. We need to go at Colchester with all guns blazing on Saturday and get that first win under our belts and hopefully lift the mood at the club. What we're crying out for now is the mentality we had in that game a few years back, I think it was Chesterfield, when we had a low gate, but the fans realised we were in the shit and produced a fantastic atmosphere. The team responded, we got the result and began a great run, which after all, is what we all want!

Maybe next Saturday could be the day when a run begins. :fingerscrossed:

They've had time to gel

For the life of me, I can't figure out why, every time a new manager is brought in, it's "there's a massive mess to clean up"!

It's as if all the managers that came before them were complete idiots and didn't know what they are doing.

Look, football is a simple game - you pass the ball to the players in the same colour shirt as you and score more goals than the opposition.

Why is it immediately assumed that every manager coming in has to clear out the "dross" brought in by the previous managers? One assumes each 'manager' is a manager by merit - that is, he has the credentials and experience to coach and select good football teams - at least for the board that's hiring them, you would think that that was among the first things they would look for in a replacement manager.

It's becoming a bit of a joke for me that all 'new' managers must 'clear out the dross' before we can start 'assembling a good team' - this is just more manager-speak for "I'm not very good at my job and I need to milk this for as long as possible before they find me out and sack me".

This may sound a bit of a joke to some people, but I SERIOUSLY believe clubs with poor senior management that have no experience in professional football get brainwashed by this crap each time they interview a new manager.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm sick and fed up with being fed the same old line "we need to be patient while the manager instills his 'philosophy' across the club" - what absolute garbage, and this has been fed to us for at least the last TEN years. Football is a results-driven industry, and in any other walk of life, underperforming managers get their marching orders.

Let's not get conned by the "Emperors New Clothes" syndrome, eh?

Archived