IGNORED

Frank Fielding

phillybuk

What are people's thoughts on Fielding? He doesn't seem to command his box, it must be hard as the defenders aren't helping him, but I'm thinking perhaps Parish should be given more of a chance? In yesterday's game Fielding didn't feel me with confidence, but then neither did the defence.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts and comments.

What are people's thoughts on Fielding? He doesn't seem to command his box, it must be hard as the defenders aren't helping him, but I'm thinking perhaps Parish should be given more of a chance? In yesterday's game Fielding didn't feel me with confidence, but then neither did the defence.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts and comments.

I have said in another thread that I think he needs to be taking out of the firing line before he needlessly turns into a hate figure. The idiots are out in force giving him a hard time already.

It's difficult because he is clearly a bag of nerves and lacks confidence. SOD said as much, but does he try make him play through it or drop him and risk his confidence spiraling even further? I would give Parish a go now in all honesty.

I also think Fielding would benefit from wearing a smaller keepers top!!!! Is it me or does that top swamp him!?

We were chatting about Fielding at the game yesterday. The defence can't have confidence in him to do things consistently well and it may be a cause of our shocking defensive record. I can't say I have noticed him being particularly vocal either.

He took a bit of stick yesterday and agree that it might be better for all concerned if he was taken out of the firing line for a while. Parrish hasn't done anything wrong in the games he has played and deserves a chance IMO.

I have said in another thread that I think he needs to be taking out of the firing line before he needlessly turns into a hate figure. The idiots are out in force giving him a hard time already.

It's difficult because he is clearly a bag of nerves and lacks confidence. SOD said as much, but does he try make him play through it or drop him and risk his confidence spiraling even further? I would give Parish a go now in all honesty.

I also think Fielding would benefit from wearing a smaller keepers top!!!! Is it me or does that top swamp him!?

I'm definitely not blaming him, it is easy to blame him for everything when you aren't doing well, He can't be blamed for the winning goal at Swindon that was just poor defending. Poor defending makes keepers unsure and nervy!

We were chatting about Fielding at the game yesterday. The defence can't have confidence in him to do things consistently well and it may be a cause of our shocking defensive record. I can't say I have noticed him being particularly vocal either.

He took a bit of stick yesterday and agree that it might be better for all concerned if he was taken out of the firing line for a while. Parrish hasn't done anything wrong in the games he has played and deserves a chance IMO.

On another note I think some team bonding is needed because after they (swindon) scored both their goals in first half the defenders were arguing amongst themselves, I think morale must be low?

I'm definitely not blaming him, it is easy to blame him for everything when you aren't doing well, He can't be blamed for the winning goal at Swindon that was just poor defending. Poor defending makes keepers unsure and nervy!

I know you're not blaming him fella but others are unfortunately.

Like I said I think it's time for Parish now as something needs to change. I think you're right in the nervous defending not helping him out, but then I think it also works both ways.

This is what happens when a club gets rid of a scape goat (fonts)

The fans then need to turn onto another player

Sorry Mr Fielding it your turn now

Yes it does seem Fielding is a new hate figure around these parts

Just hope he doesn't read these forums, But I'm sure he has a slight feeling he isn't a fans favourite

Comes across like he has a lot of self confidence for me, certainly confident enough with the ball at his feet, passing it around

Difficult to judge because he is probably being instructed to play the ball out from the back as often as he can. Confident or not if that's what he's told to do he has to do it.

For me he just doesn't command his area or give his defenders any confidence.

He's a top end Championship keeper that has been blamed for far too many mistakes which are not his own. Once he's been given some more time and gets his confidence back, he'll be a top keeper for us.

I thought this before he joined, I don't think it any more. Top end Championship shot stopper perhaps but every other aspect of his goalkeeping is poor. Kicking, coming for crosses, organizing his defence, positioning (worst attribute), they all need working on. I want to like him as a player, I really do and he seems like a nice lad but unfortunately every time he comes for a cross or gets a pass back I have to cover my eyes because he looks like he's going to balls it up. His confidence is clearly shot and the rest of the team are aware of this. Even though it may be more detrimental to his confidence I think Parish needs a run because part of our defence's problems at the moment are definitely in part to FF.

He's a top end Championship keeper that has been blamed for far too many mistakes which are not his own. Once he's been given some more time and gets his confidence back, he'll be a top keeper for us.

I don't doubt his qualities but suggest a few games out of the firing line wouldn't hurt in all honesty.

I wonder what goes on with the defenders,aren't they good enough,or as been said worried about Fielding.

If it's the keeper, then Parish might be the choice, but with Southampton coming up, if it's the defense that are to blame then Parish is either going to show up well or get a back ache picking the ball out of the net.

Southampton wont play all there first team but they did put out a strong team against Barnsley in the last round. Watching them against Liverpool it was mentioned that Lambert had lost some form, so i could see him starting and battering our defense. We will see if the defense turns out for this away from the league games.

Good game to get some confidence back

What I don't understand is that only a few months ago fielding was a popular figure with derby fans, and was regarded as one of the best keepers in the championship! neutrals were amazed that he had been persuaded to drop into lge 1,and thought we had done outstanding buisness! now after only a few games he has become a figure of ridicule with city fans, being described as a clown etc, I was ready to defend ff knowing as I do city fans love of a scapegoat and readiness to rubbish anybody with a reputation but now even people with no agendas and whose opinions I respect are saying he's a liability! I just wondered if any body has got any sensible suggestions as to why this has happened? became surely he can't be as bad as he's looking now!

What I don't understand is that only a few months ago fielding was a popular figure with derby fans, and was regarded as one of the best keepers in the championship! neutrals were amazed that he had been persuaded to drop into lge 1,and thought we had done outstanding buisness! now after only a few games he has become a figure of ridicule with city fans, being described as a clown etc, I was ready to defend ff knowing as I do city fans love of a scapegoat and readiness to rubbish anybody with a reputation but now even people with no agendas and whose opinions I respect are saying he's a liability! I just wondered if any body has got any sensible suggestions as to why this has happened? became surely he can't be as bad as he's looking now!

It is worrying Timmy boy because he really does look bad. I hope he can turn it round but he certainly isn't being helped by those on his back. I think he should start by wearing a smaller top?

As for me and you, best get your tin hat ready for all the Swindle tossers!

Confidence, trying too hard to please, and yeah lack of confidence with the defense. Or he is what we see?

Archived