IGNORED

Do 'we Always Believe'

BS49 Red

I only ask because I remember this chant being bellowed out towards the end out some of our best, and most important, games under GJ. Don't get me wrong, I am as fed up as the next man about the constant draws and defeats but surely a club (staff, players, fans) who BELIEVE they are improving are more likely to show it on the pitch.

Always believing will always be associated with GJ, it was his phrase rather than a Bristol City phrase. Say what you want about him but he knew how to get fans on his side, master of PR. when he left, along with other players who spread the always believe message, Basso and Orr, something died at the club

SoD and GJ are chalk and cheese in that department.

I can also remember "Johnston says get behind the team, get behind the team" was a very effective and surely helped the players, what I'd do for the unity we had then, was a great time to be city fan. Belief is something we need to get back before get back to those times.

No I don't.

Different time and different feeling about the place. Would love that to come back.

Take a straw poll, how many believe (in the league) we would hold on to a lead for anything like a substantial amount of time, let alone until the 90min Mark.

How can we believe when the only thing to believe is that we won't win a frigging game based on recent results?!

Wins will change the feeling. Wins feel a long, long way away.

You can't keep believing when you keep getting let down.

It's been 4 years of worsening, disenfranchising, bullshit.

There has been no hope in that time, no fight, no spirit, no galvanising force.

A lot of fans on here forget this and think that every time a new manager appears everything is alright and we start again.

I think a lot of fans have lost an awful lot of faith and most importantly, unlike the early eighties when the club came together, the club has sadly pushed us away.

An awful set of circumstances are brewing.

Rovers and Swindon seem to get very upset, insisting that we believe we are a "big" club, primarily because of jibes and chants directed at them, so I understand. Do they really believe that drinking cider soothes all our troubles away, too? And that we are, by far, the greatest team, the world has ever seen?

In honour of Guy Price, Kevin Smith City could adopt " We gotta get out of this place" backed up by Cliff Richards pop classic " we dont talk anymore".

Spooky! That is, indeed, a Cliff classic. Came out and "hit" the top 40 when the City were at the top and I was in me pomp, myself. How about we all try Patsy Cline's "Crazy" too? Crazy for watchin' yooou

It's just a stupid slogan that got us united in support, same as any other song. The actual words had the same meaning as singing about us being by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

It also nicely summarises the fickle nature of football supporters - the words would have more credence if sang at 0-2 down at half time instead of BOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived