IGNORED

Div One Tougher Than Last Season?

Slack Bladder

Noticed SODs comments on the Evening Post webshite about Div1 being harder than last season.

Is this a throw away comment, a reality or is there any similarity to what John Ward said before Benny arrived?

Division 1 is a very difficult division to get promoted from, but an easy division to get relegated from !!!!!!!!! Just ask the Gas who have been relegated twice from Div 1 in recent years.

Leyton Orient 8 straight wins, that is some start.

Russel Slade was under intense pressure from the Orient fans last season........................

indeed it is, so begs a question is a passing game ever going to get us out of this division?, because from what I saw tonight and looking at the top 10 with a couple of exceptions most are physical long ball teams and believe me Bill the hour that I managed to stomach of tonights game was appalling.

Well having just watched the 1st half of allegedly 2 of the best Brentford woosh v Orient woosh, it was like watching the gas v the gas reserves, technically appalling, worrying if we are that much worse than them.

Yeah I watched a good 75mins of the Brentford v Orient game. The standard was so poor, woosh, woosh, woosh. I'm hoping we don't look like that on tele. Saying all this, fact is Orient have won 8 out of 8 and are flying and Brentford are 10th where as we're in the relegation zone.

indeed it is, so begs a question is a passing game ever going to get us out of this division?, because from what I saw tonight and looking at the top 10 with a couple of exceptions most are physical long ball teams and believe me Bill the hour that I managed to stomach of tonights game was appalling.

Yes, I only saw about 20 mins and I agree,it wasn't exactly the best football to watch.

I've always felt you need a mix in this division, a big man up front and at the back, one,maybe two tough streetwise central midfielders.

You can then bring in the more creative players.

Watching that tonight just makes me realise that if SOD is given time to do what he has proved capable of doing at other clubs, then in time we will come good in this division.

Yes, I know loads disagree, but time will tell.

Noticed SODs comments on the Evening Post webshite about Div1 being harder than last season.

Is this a throw away comment, a reality or is there any similarity to what John Ward said before Benny arrived?

I think this division shouldn't be taken lightly for 2 reasons. 1) Teams can get away with stuff in this league that they cant in better leagues so you need to be physical as well as skilled to get out. We had that on both of the last 2 times we got out of this shit division we don't have it this time. 2) This league has some good teams in it no matter what people say, look how long Preston have been down here, Southampton before them Coventry, Charlton and Leeds its not a walk in the park, and its a completely different challenge to the championship. I think Wolves and The Posh are both good strong teams that will get out, wolves because they are a side with a truck load of cash and Posh they are a proverbial yoyo side and are setup as such.

That being said the manager should know what sort of team is needed to get out of this hole and its not an excuse.

The 3 promoted teams doncaster, bournemouth and yeovil and replaced with posh, wolves and us probably makes this division stronger than last season, plus bradford are decent and therefore must be better than any of the sides that went down to the basement.the longball game was very noticeable in this divisions play-off games last season and our lack of a tall commanding keeper has been a big factor in our poor start so far imho.Had to laugh at the bristol post match report from saturday where it says Andy Stockhausen, expert analysis.he also reckons:far from being a multitude of overtly physical and technically limited teams hell bent on playing long-ball football, the third tier has shown itself to be full of surprises.

Yes, I only saw about 20 mins and I agree,it wasn't exactly the best football to watch.

I've always felt you need a mix in this division, a big man up front and at the back, one,maybe two tough streetwise central midfielders.

You can then bring in the more creative players.

Watching that tonight just makes me realise that if SOD is given time to do what he has proved capable of doing at other clubs, then in time we will come good in this division.

Yes, I know loads disagree, but time will tell.

indeed time will tell, my worry is both Brentford and Orient are powerful teams who will bully us as will most teams in this division, it will be interesting how we cope with Colchester another team likely to employ bully boy tactics, we are fast running out of potential beatable teams in this division.

It did last time and the time before that.

Archived