IGNORED

Just Back From Ground.

Roadrunner

After my last match v Peterborough, a much improved performance. After they got an excellent goal, things stettled down. For 25 min of the second half it was all us. If it was not for 3 good saves by Davis and a couple of near misses, we could have drawn equal and gone on to win it.

Parrish looked good.

Jet two or three mins of brilliance., the other 87 min wanted to kick him up the backside. I felt his lazy defending cost us the 2nd goal.

Bobby Reid looked real class, my MOTM.

City fans were in good voice and good humour.

If we can keep playing like that, a win has to come soon.

COYR.

After my last match v Peterborough, a much improved performance. After they got an excellent goal, things stettled down. For 25 min of the second half it was all us. If it was not for 3 good saves by Davis and a couple of near misses, we could have drawn equal and gone on to win it.

Parrish looked good.

Jet two or three mins of brilliance., the other 87 min wanted to kick him up the backside. I felt his lazy defending cost us the 2nd goal.

COYR.

Thanks mate. Agree, a win is within touching distance.

A fantastic positive post - well done , shame it will fall on some of these muppets deaf ears -

We sounded good in spells, reid in particular - shame some of the idiots on here will talk about another nail in the coffin, another loss, SOD out.

They need a kick up the arse not the players,get realistic !

Parrish looked good.

COYR.

Currently on the train back to Waterloo and agree with all of this. Reid was excellent tonight, I'd hope he'll now start v Colchester.

Only gripes tonight (other than the soft nature of Southampton's second goal) are that Baldock should have come on much earlier (we were chasing an equaliser after all), and our set pieces are still dreadful. Why does every corner either hit the first man, or go straight to an unchallenged keeper?

Overall, definite signs of encouragement tonight.

A fantastic positive post - well done , shame it will fall on some of these muppets deaf ears -

We sounded good in spells, reid in particular - shame some of the idiots on here will talk about another nail in the coffin, another loss, SOD out.

They need a kick up the arse not the players,get realistic !

I struggle to believe anyone will be too critical of a 2-0 defeat against a strong saints side at St Mary's.

Currently on the train back to Waterloo and agree with all of this. Reid was excellent tonight, I'd hope he'll now start v Colchester.

Only gripes tonight (other than the soft nature of Southampton's second goal) are that Baldock should have come on much earlier (we were chasing an equaliser after all), and our set pieces are still dreadful. Why does every corner either hit the first man, or go straight to an unchallenged keeper?

Overall, definite signs of encouragement tonight.

Was Shorey not on set piece duty? He's usually quality from corners & free kicks.

Prepare to struggle mate cos saints made 11 changes from saturday so tin hat time for you soon.

Looking at the team they put out though, it was pretty strong regardless.

I've been fairly critical of us this season but I can have no complaints about tonight. Sounded like we played fairly well.

Was Shorey not on set piece duty? He's usually quality from corners & free kicks.

It seemed to be mainly Pack and Reid on set piece duty (although Shorey may have taken one, I haven't checked the stats) - and I'm aware that may appear slightly contradictory after I said Reid was excellent tonight (which he generally was, one particularly dodgy mis-hit corner aside).

I struggle to believe anyone will be too critical of a 2-0 defeat against a strong saints side at St Mary's.

It wasn't long ago that we beat saints home and away the season they went to the prem. They are fresh from a victory at Liverpool and sit above Man u in the prem.

Why are we so far apart now..........they have invested millions in players and managers and chosen wisely; we are in a total mess and pay peanuts for other clubs cast offs.

Given better leadership of field we could easily of be in Southamptons position, but poor manager selection and a leader who has closed his purse finds us where we are now struggling badly.

Sods can only work within a remit/allowance he is given, and that cant be a lot; MONEY is the only thing that can get us to where we want to be

It wasn't long ago that we beat saints home and away the season they went to the prem. They are fresh from a victory at Liverpool and sit above Man u in the prem.

Why are we so far apart now..........they have invested millions in players and managers and chosen wisely; we are in a total mess and pay peanuts for other clubs cast offs.

Given better leadership of field we could easily of be in Southamptons position, but poor manager selection and a leader who has closed his purse finds us where we are now struggling badly.

Sods can only work within a remit/allowance he is given, and that cant be a lot; MONEY is the only thing that can get us to where we want to be

Saints did n't start off with pot fulls of money .They developped young players that they sold for shedloads of cash .Hopefully this is our blue print.

Didnt southampton get themselves in a financial mess which led to their drod to league 1? They took 2 or 3 seasons before they could move forwards again so our fans should take heart from that and believe we can do the same.

They sold Bale to Spurs around 6 years ago, the fee was going to be around 10m with add ons. They agreed to take 2m early the following year and waver any future percentages of transfer fees I think. This lost them 3m of the original deal, only got paid 7m instead of the 10m, and of course they lost out hugely when he was sold recently. So I guess they really did need at 2m at the time.

Thats interesting, cheers for the bale info.seems like it was a needs must situation for saints back then.still worked out massively in their favour if you weihg in what they get for being in the premier league against maybe 11 or 12 million they would have got if they stuck to the original details of the bale deal with spurs.

Southampton have a very rich owner who has spent a fair bit, so although they have developed some excellent young players, that isn't the only reason for their success.

By the way - 2 good performances away from home. Like I said after Shrewsbury, it's hardly surprising our players find it easier to play away from Ashton Gate at the moment. We need to give them backing not booing on Saturday please!!!

I'm under the lmpression that money ISNT what will get us to where we want to be because we can't just throw money at it in this division.

The rules have changed.

That's why we have a coach/ manager who is good at developing young players, that's the only way we will become successful again as a club.

Archived