IGNORED

#noshots = #nogoals

hippy273

I have an increasing bugbear when it comes to our side attacking, and it got a whole lot bigger last night...

Why why WHY can our attackers not be more selfish in the areas? At Swindon for instance i counted numerous times the fans were shouting 'shoot' but JET decided to try and use his fancy skills to get into a better area, when it was already a decent enough chance but did let fly eventually scoring. Wagstaff too pushes forward, but rarely let's fly and opt's for build up, which seems to be the philosophy of our play. The same thing happened last night at Southampton, exept we couldn't nail the final ball in the 6 yard box twice which both Marlon and Joe missed on separate ocassions. The likes of JET and Baldock have the quality to make decent finishes from 20 yards out. So why isn't this happening?

It is happening!!!

At least 3 of JETs goals and 1 of Baldock's have been from outside the box

2 from set pieces and the 30 yarder at Rovers? I still haven't seen any of our midfield shoot from range often enough other than Bobby or Joe Bryan, and the very occasional Marlon Pack. When you are 6-10 yards out, surely you must be thinking about the chance? not passing around which is definitely what i saw last night.

2 from set pieces and the 30 yarder at Rovers? I still haven't seen any of our midfield shoot from range often enough other than Bobby or Joe Bryan, and the very occasional Marlon Pack. When you are 6-10 yards out, surely you must be thinking about the chance? not passing around which is definitely what i saw last night.

All depends on how well you are closed down , must agree though i don' think we shoot enough from around the box

Archived