IGNORED

New Signings

Ciderstreet

Totally echo that sentiment but look at it the other way. Say Flint was injured and our 2 centre backs on Saturday were Brundle making his debut and Williams, who's played less than 10 senior games, and we lost, can you imagine the reaction? I'm all for the young lads getting their chance but not in a kamikaze way.

We need another CB in without any doubt whatsoever. Even just to make up numbers at this moment in time.

Usually I am all for the policy of only signing players that are (hopefully) better than what you already have - but with Fonts & Wilson out on loan, Carey's niggling injuries, Williams having to come off on Saturday and now O'connor out of the picture - we need somebody, anybody. Help!!

One of the main reasons that we are short at CB is the baffling question as to why on earth we gave Carey yet another deal.

So far this season after 11 games his "availability" has extended to coming on for about 5 minutes against the Rovers (and even then not touching the ball), as otherwise he's been injured or ill.

I completely sign up to the fact that money isn't there to throw about any more, but he seems to effectively be employed now just to give kids their cap before kick off.

One of the main reasons that we are short at CB is the baffling question as to why on earth we gave Carey yet another deal.

So far this season after 11 games his "availability" has extended to coming on for about 5 minutes against the Rovers (and even then not touching the ball), as otherwise he's been injured or ill.

I completely sign up to the fact that money isn't there to throw about any more, but he seems to effectively be employed now just to give kids their cap before kick off.

But who could have guessed Carey would get injured? :dunno::no:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but for the last 3 seasons I don't believe our manager has given Carey his contract.

PS Nothing against Carey. Like Fontaine he used to be a good centre back.

Archived