IGNORED

Creating An Us Vs Them Atmosphere

dezgimed

''Sean, you must be glad the way the supporters rallied behind the team''

''Yes...but if we lost 1-0 the perception of what you think would be different''

:facepalm:

Not sure what he said even makes sense, but why does he turn a positive into such a negative?

Another dig at the fans. Dig dig dig dig dig.

and the classic, "Harewood gave you a different dimension and you looked much better in the 2nd half, when do you think he will be ready for a full league start"?.

SOD "if I select him people will say, why are you sending long balls up to him all match".

FFS are you letting what the fans may or may not think affect your team selection now?

''Yes...but if we lost 1-0 the perception of what you think would be different''

Not sure what he said event makes sense, but why does he turn a positive into such a negative?

Agreed how ever he's not wrong is he ? A loss today and it would have been the end of the world for some !

Fans have screamed out for years for an honest manager, then when we get one we don't like it.

Some people seem to have an agenda against SOD and continuously taking one line from an interview and posting a thread about it is pathetic.

I haven't heard the rest of the interview but from someone who isn't particularly for or against SOD I see nothing wrong in what he has said! Had we lost 1-0 the fans reaction would be very different, there is nothing there but fact!!

Regardless of form, results etc SOD certainly views it as a us and them scenario. Past managers have done much more to create a more unified, family feel.

I can't help but think that SOD doesn't have much time or patience for supporters, which is a shame as we're essentially the lifeblood of the club.

Still he is what he is. Personally I think the next 4 weeks will determine how much longer he's around anyway.

Fans have screamed out for years for an honest manager, then when we get one we don't like it.

Some people seem to have an agenda against SOD and continuously taking one line from an interview and posting a thread about it is pathetic.

I haven't heard the rest of the interview but from someone who isn't particularly for or against SOD I see nothing wrong in what he has said! Had we lost 1-0 the fans reaction would be very different, there is nothing there but fact!!

We seem to have a manager now more concerned about what the fans may or may not think, he needs to live or die by HIS decisions, than worry about what the fans might think.

18 games without a win is the only stark statistic that counts.

!!

Plus ******* one!!! Some fans have a personal vendetta against SOD and anything he says is analysed and attacked. It was blatent that today was much better and we should have won again after 21 shots on goal. Let him do his talking on the pitch and review him at the end of the season. People who think we will go down clearly havn't watched all home and away games this year, every game we have drawn we have battered the oppo for long periods. A team we play soon is going to take an absolute spanking off us.

Plus ******* one!!! Some fans have a personal vendetta against SOD and anything he says is analysed and attacked. It was blatent that today was much better and we should have won again after 21 shots on goal. Let him do his talking on the pitch and review him at the end of the season. People who think we will go down clearly havn't watched all home and away games this year, every game we have drawn we have battered the oppo for long periods. A team we play soon is going to take an absolute spanking off us.

The league table lies. The stats for almost every game EXCEPT todays lie. Fans have got an agenda. I haven't watched Accrington home and away either, but I can see they are in the shite!! 18 LEAGUE GAMES without a win ffs!!! Not a personal vendetta against SOD. FACTS.

The league table lies. The stats for almost every game EXCEPT todays lie. Fans have got an agenda. I haven't watched Accrington home and away either, but I can see they are in the shite!! 18 LEAGUE GAMES without a win ffs!!! Not a personal vendetta against SOD. FACTS.

Whats the solution then? Spending a million to sack the manager and his backroom staff, spending rediculous wages on loan signings before jan, something which we cant do due to FFP? Last season as a whole was unbelievably bad, and not even Sir Alex would have kept us up. SOD will be judged end of season and wont be going anywhere unless something crazy happens like 10 defeats on the bounce.

Er, he's on a 12 month Rolling contract, so would have to pay up 11 months 364 days, The backroom staff are part of the system, this has been drummed into us by 'them' so if the head coach goes then everyone will stay.

Even the poorest, worst teams, will change a coach if they dont feel it's working.

We are governed by SCMP and not FFP this season, I suggest you check it out

As for the rest, Hype and as for 10 defeats etc how about 1 win in 21 and no wins at home since March and away since December in the league?

NO? Okay then

Thank you my good man, saved me replying. If we wait until January we could be playing catch up again. Anyone else just a bit bemused that SOD aside, the 'powers that be' at AG are strangely mute again while the side is in danger of slipping towards the basement?!!

Whats the solution then? Spending a million to sack the manager and his backroom staff, spending rediculous wages on loan signings before jan, something which we cant do due to FFP? Last season as a whole was unbelievably bad, and not even Sir Alex would have kept us up. SOD will be judged end of season and wont be going anywhere unless something crazy happens like 10 defeats on the bounce.

How about Div 4 next season, keep happy harry and you'll find out

Some fans had a personal vendetta against Johnson and he was a success. In comparison SOD is getting off lightly. I have lost count of the number of times over almost 50 years I have heard managers, players or fans saying their team was going to thrash somebody soon but I can't remember that cliche ever coming true.

The past few seasons with different managers trying and failing to do their best with my club, have caused nothing but arguments with the supporters.

We have been watching crap after crap, with the odd few results in our favor. Things will only get better, have they?

What has SOD given this club up till now? Results and league positions don't lie.

It's not so much a vendetta against the manager, it's the frustrations of being a Bristol city Supporter.

A few wins will put smiles back on faces, no wins the manager will get it hard,

It makes no difference who is the best supporter and watches all the games, the results are what people see!

Not sure what he said even makes sense, but why does he turn a positive into such a negative?

Bloody hell SOD give us a break

Some fans had a personal vendetta against Johnson and he was a success. In comparison SOD is getting off lightly. I have lost count of the number of times over almost 50 years I have heard managers, players or fans saying their team was going to thrash somebody soon but I can't remember that cliche ever coming true.

Compared to Osman and Pulis the boy O'Driscoll is in clover!!!

As a city fan living away from home, I have been watching the ups and downs , and mostly downs of the city for the last few years. Our current position is unfortunately summed up by "I believe" post. We should be battering these clubs. We should be battering clubs in the championship but we are not. The reason; Bristol City fans have put up with crap like this for years, we need to wake up and tell this Chairman and his dad that we want good football, and a club to be proud of, not one that is in the press for not being able to handle ticket sales, not in the press for running out of beer in the bar, and not in the press for being bottom of league one. Please City fans lets make our club something to be proud of. We have accepted mediocrity for too long. Big City, Great fans, no success, no more. Is it time to ask for a change at the very Top.....

No, but we DIDNT LOSE!!

We should be rejoicing, the players and manager got a well deserved clap off at HT/FT.

Or we could boo the players, give them shit, put even more pressure on them that'll work...

As for 18 without a win, yep it's a statistic but hardly fair to count last season considering we have so many new players, a lot of which are young. Last season was shit and I'm as angry as anyone at the spineless attempt at survival however this season should be seen as a fresh start - although I agree it has been a bad start

Or we could boo the players, give them shit, put even more pressure on them that'll work...

As for 18 without a win, yep it's a statistic but hardly fair to count last season considering we have so many new players, a lot of which are young. Last season was shit and I'm as angry as anyone at the spineless attempt at survival however this season should be seen as a fresh start - although I agree it has been a bad start

You may be right but I maintain that starting out with a kind of "We're crap and it's not worth trying to stay up" mindset can get you into a negative state that can be difficult to get out of. It may be against his character but I would like to hear some more positive, though still realistic, comments from SOD to lift the atmosphere somewhat. He may have started by thanking the fans. I believe he would have meant that as he does not seem the sort of man to say it because the boss told him to.

It would seem our Head Coach expects the paying public to always remain positive regardless of the performance given by his team, accept everything served up and be grateful we're allowed to be fans and never ever criticise his or the teams record. Now I personally don't and won't boo the team before, during or after the game but I do reserve the right to be disappointed with the performance I watch. I would also defend the rights of those who do show their displeasure this way, after all I've never heard boos when we've played well. But Mr. O'Driscoll must understand our expectations and I think I sum up the majority of fans when I say we expect our Head Coach/Manager to know what his best starting 11 is. We also expect when things are clearly not working to have a plan B which doesn't lay a large proportion of the blame at the life blood of any club, it's fans. I'd say so far even the more militant fans are still behind him and the squad save for a small minority, something I am very surprised at if I'm being honest. It's time S O'D stopped the fan bashing and started to realise we all want him and his team to succeed. Sean we know we have no divine right to be in contention at the top of the league we know you are operating within a wage constraint and yes we know this is a young team that needs to find it's feet. But we also know that it's your job to build a squad capable of winning against teams such a Colchester when they are in the middle of a massive injury crisis. You want our vocal support give us the kind of football we can get behind and maybe give us the credit we deserve for turning up in our thousands when we haven't won a league games since March. The comments coming out in interview will ultimately serve to lose not the dressing room but the terraces and you can't sell or loan them out.

Wake up, plenty of teams have as many or more new players. It isn't an excuse.

Archived