IGNORED

A (Kind Of) Outsiders View

SydneyCity

As you can probably tell from my username, I live in Sydney. I'm from Bristol and have followed city for over 20 years. I went to almost every home game between 88 and 99. Ups and downs.

I was recently back in Bristol visiting the family and went to Peterborough, Shrewsbury and Swindon. What I saw was a team playing good football. At times it was a little bit too deep for my liking, but it was only really let down by individual (embarrassing) mistakes. Once those mistakes were made, the team dropped. The fans, to be honest, did not help the situation.

I know it's easy for me to say that having not witnessed the frustration of the past few years other than on iPlayer, but... the atmosphere was poisonous.

We're not a big club (even though we should be) and we need to accept that. We're also not going to fix ourselves in a couple of months. It takes years.

I personally feel that we're moving forward in footballing terms, although I also felt that with McInnes until the Peterborough game last season when we got all those injuries. This is actually my biggest concern. We don't have a deep squad.

I like that we're bringing in youngsters and I love that some of them are local. I also have confidence that we'll be safe this season. Maybe not by much, but I do think we'll be safe. I think SOD is the right man for the job and I'm happy to give him all the time he needs. Yes, I would like to win sooner rather than later but once one win comes, more will follow.

For what it's worth, that's how I see and saw it.

Archived