IGNORED

Let's Get Serious Now - The Season Starts Against Port Vale

cheese

Okay, so we've played about 10 11 games, tried out a squad's worth of players and seen the development of some of our city youngsters.

Coupled with a promising performance this evening yesterday, it is now time to kick on and really get to grips with this decision, starting with Colchester at home Port Vale away. Looking at the table and results so far, Colchester Port Vale display all the hallmarks of a team set for mid-table; this means that we simply have to beat them on Saturday.

But it is crucial we play our part as fans and support City with every ounce of passion we can muster. So let's issue a rallying call, a proverbial cry to arms, and agree that now is the time we stand shoulder to shoulder and get that first damn win of the league campaign!

The time for bickering has come and gone, now let us all cheer the boys to victory.

And then onto Port Vale away Crawley at home, where perhaps the first away home win could swiftly follow!

In all honesty thinking about it I'm still convinced the real issue is not SOD or the players, it's something else at the club.

Watching the football today and I saw so many of our old players playing so well at other clubs, in particularly Martyn Woolford for Millwall. It just seems odd that no matter who is the manager and what players we have in that when they leave they seem to be much different players. You only need look at some of our more recent departures to see that we've not got the best from our players and I think we need to identify the constant since our slump. it's been put on the players, it's been put on the manager and it's been put on the board but still with all three having moved about or been replaced the feeling of the club being "broken" is still there.

My first thought is how many coaches do we have on the books and how many have changed? Maybe our real issue is the training given by the coaches? Our defence has looked nervous and leaky for seasons, even now with Flint at the back who is a proven League One player we look weak and scared in defence so who is responsible for this?

Something still isn't right and the club needs to address it, even at a cost because if it continues it will make it impossible for the club to turn itself around and we could potentially see League Two football, although I am not resigned to that by a long shot.

I'm a believer that you get what you deserver in life - not on an individual level perhaps, but as a group/crowd. So, a country gets the Government it deserves (not necessarily wants), employees get employers they deserve and so on. So, at City we supporters get the team we deserve. One of my earliest memories of watching city is watching us play Oxford at home - I think we lost 5-0 and as they scored the 5th goal the East End cheered - that mentality still exists today you hear it in the groans of the first mis-placed pass. We're great when we're winning - but awful when we're not.

I'm a believer that you get what you deserver in life - not on an individual level perhaps, but as a group/crowd. So, a country gets the Government it deserves (not necessarily wants), employees get employers they deserve and so on. So, at City we supporters get the team we deserve. One of my earliest memories of watching city is watching us play Oxford at home - I think we lost 5-0 and as they scored the 5th goal the East End cheered - that mentality still exists today you hear it in the groans of the first mis-placed pass. We're great when we're winning - but awful when we're not.

I think the last bit sums it up, there were people behind me moaning from the start if the game and one missed the goal because he was moaning and checking other scores

Okay, so we've played about 10 11 games, tried out a squad's worth of players and seen the development of some of our city youngsters.

Coupled with a promising performance this evening yesterday, it is now time to kick on and really get to grips with this decision, starting with Colchester at home Port Vale away. Looking at the table and results so far, Colchester Port Vale display all the hallmarks of a team set for mid-table; this means that we simply have to beat them on Saturday.

But it is crucial we play our part as fans and support City with every ounce of passion we can muster. So let's issue a rallying call, a proverbial cry to arms, and agree that now is the time we stand shoulder to shoulder and get that first damn win of the league campaign!

The time for bickering has come and gone, now let us all cheer the boys to victory.

And then onto Port Vale away Crawley at home, where perhaps the first away home win could swiftly follow!

No, let's berate Millen, I mean um, Derek, um, no Alan Dicks? Oh what's his name? You know, that outspoken chap who couldn't give a **** about opinions of people who generally don't work in football but are hopefully more competent in their own jobs? Gary Johnson? Who is it, now? oh yeah, that quiet bloke, O'Driscol. Well he's obviously the primary reason for us doing so poorly, come on, why don't the board just pick the perfect manager that is going to turn us around within 5 minutes despite our helpful 'supporters' wanting him out if he hasn't done it in 4.

Do you find this humour hilarious?

Archived