IGNORED

Political Petitions

beaverface

Noticed yesterday that there were people asking for a petition to be signed to stop the bedroom tax - is this something the club allowed?

I just think that with many thousands of supporters following different political parties it might open up a can of worms if City become affiliated with a particular party.

Just tell 'em you're a Communist and walk on. That's what I did.

I'd imagine the British Communist party probably oppose the bedroom, so you should have signed it really

Nobody forces anyone to sign a petition- even if the club did sanction them, is it really a problem as long as they give the same treatment to others on the political spectrum? I'd also hazard that as a working class sport, more fans than average down the gate are adversely affected by it

I'd imagine the British Communist party probably oppose the bedroom, so you should have signed it really

Nobody forces anyone to sign a petition- even if the club did sanction them, is it really a problem as long as they give the same treatment to others on the political spectrum? I'd also hazard that as a working class sport, more fans than average down the gate are adversely affected by it

Easiest way to get rid of it is to vote Labour. It seems Ed is FINALLY laying out something that looks like a manifesto.

Vote Labour??

i would sooner sh*t in my pants and walk around in them for a week.

Miliband is a tool who has absolutely fk all idea on how to run a country.

Maybe some instructions from you would help him. After all, you obviously know how to run a country as you can recognise that Milliband has "absolutely fk all idea how to run a country".

I didn't stop but told her it wasn't a tax but a reduction in benefits - I might be wrong though.

Don't have a problem with them asking its a democratic country apparently

Technically it is a reduction of benefits if you've got a larger council house than you need. The problem is that it's based on an entirely inaccurate assumption that people living in larger houses than they need do so by choice. In the majority of cases it's because they can't afford to move into private accommodation and the council doesn't have enough accommodation spare to offer them anything smaller. So it punishes people for something they can't really control.

The problem with the current government is the constant amount of misinformation about the amount of money that gets spent on benefits for people who don't really need them.

For example, the amount of deliberate benefit fraud is about £2 billion a year. Which sounds a lot until you bear in mind that £3.5 billion is spent on benefit errors. So that's £5.5 billion we spend a year on benefits for people who don't really qualify for them. Sounds bad, right? Until you consider that £12.3 billion of benefits are unclaimed. So actually, even taking into account fraud and errors, we still pay £7 billion less in benefits than people are really entitled to.

And when you factor in the £32 billion we lose through tax evasion and tax avoidance, you really do wonder why the Conservatives are so keen to amp up the rhetoric against benefits cheats and ignore the 16 x higher figure we lose to big businesses not paying their taxes.

Technically it is a reduction of benefits if you've got a larger council house than you need. The problem is that it's based on an entirely inaccurate assumption that people living in larger houses than they need do so by choice. In the majority of cases it's because they can't afford to move into private accommodation and the council doesn't have enough accommodation spare to offer them anything smaller. So it punishes people for something they can't really control.

The problem with the current government is the constant amount of misinformation about the amount of money that gets spent on benefits for people who don't really need them.

For example, the amount of deliberate benefit fraud is about £2 billion a year. Which sounds a lot until you bear in mind that £3.5 billion is spent on benefit errors. So that's £5.5 billion we spend a year on benefits for people who don't really qualify for them. Sounds bad, right? Until you consider that £12.3 billion of benefits are unclaimed. So actually, even taking into account fraud and errors, we still pay £7 billion less in benefits than people are really entitled to.

And when you factor in the £32 billion we lose through tax evasion and tax avoidance, you really do wonder why the Conservatives are so keen to amp up the rhetoric against benefits cheats and ignore the 16 x higher figure we lose to big businesses not paying their taxes.

Not to mention the Tory press which is owned by big businessmen !

Can you really see the club giving equal sanctions to ALL the political parties?

Are communists against having bedrooms then?

To be honest, I didn't even bother finding out what they were peddling, so no idea that it was anything to do with the bedroom tax.

I'm sure the Commies are against it.

I simply can't be ar$ed with these folks.

Besides, what good is signing a petition gonna do?

I signed the petition against the murderous Badger Cull which was in fact the most signatures ever gained for any petition, I also wrote to my MP, but it hasn't made an ounce of difference to the fate of the poor badgers of Somerset and Gloucestershire.

The only reason they oppose a tax is because it suggest that you own something of which a portion can be taxed by the government, as opposed to them owning everything including all your future labour.

Not to mention the Tory press which is owned by big businessmen !

So is the liberal and left wing press... Makes me laugh seeing the guardian getting upset at business reducing their taxes expenditure, when they tent their property through a foreign landlord, sold their previous premises through a offshore intermediary, use unpaid internships, and pay staff as consultants not employees all to reduce the amount they pay.

Just like the shadow bench of millionaires pointing across at the Tories taunting them for being toffs.

Bloody hypocrites the lot of them.

So is the liberal and left wing press... Makes me laugh seeing the guardian getting upset at business reducing their taxes expenditure, when they tent their property through a foreign landlord, sold their previous premises through a offshore intermediary, use unpaid internships, and pay staff as consultants not employees all to reduce the amount they pay.

Just like the shadow bench of millionaires pointing across at the Tories taunting them for being toffs.

Bloody hypocrites the lot of them.

why does this government/party insist on hitting the people who can least afford it? the Tories are nothing but upper class scum and Labour aren't much better, i have more time for people who show their true colours by voting UKIP or RESPECT. As citizen Smith said, "power to the people".

I'm in favour of most of the reforms, I just don't agree with the implementation.

For example a reduction in benefits for people with spare rooms should be as follows, only people who actually have a spare room, and only if they refuse to move to a smaller available house. What it actually is as far as I can see is a very cynical ploy to do is to shift the burden from central government onto local government, thus making local government build more appropriate housing.

Fit for work is good in principle but a load of crap the way its been implemented.

All in all the conclusion I have come to is the country is looking after itself regardless of whats going on in Westminster.

why does this government/party insist on hitting the people who can least afford it? the Tories are nothing but upper class scum and Labour aren't much better, i have more time for people who show their true colours by voting UKIP or RESPECT. As citizen Smith said, "power to the people".

Ukip giving power to the people? They're about as right wing as you can get without being called a Nazi.

Anyway, the reason there aren't enough houses is because the population has increased too quickly.

Up 3 million in 6 years.

Without wanting to sound too radical, perhaps there should be a little less immigration?? Ooh, controversial!

Also, perhaps there should be a birth control cap too! Too many "poor" people having too many kids that they can't actually afford!

Doesn't really help does it?

Anyway, the reason there aren't enough houses is because the population has increased too quickly.

Up 3 million in 6 years.

Without wanting to sound too radical, perhaps there should be a little less immigration?? Ooh, controversial!

Also, perhaps there should be a birth control cap too! Too many "poor" people having too many kids that they can't actually afford!

Doesn't really help does it?

A cap on the number of children the proletariat are allowed to have?! Now you're sounding like a true Commie Chairman Mao!!!

As opposed to Lord Snooty and his chums

Haha... I was wondering how long it would take for the class ticket to crop up.

How do you explain away Milbanders private education then? Guess its ok for a leftie to have it but for a rightie its absolutely disgraceful. Such hypocrites most of the left. Cake and eat it types.

Archived