IGNORED

Midfield Trialist - Good Pedigree

PFree

I've had a look at this chap's details, and as he's already here on trial, it's interesting that 'scouting' under SOD seems clearly to be taking a much wider remit than previously, we are scouring Europe for young talent - google Viktor Bopp and take a look. Viktor is the younger brother of Eugen Bopp who some of you may have heard of (Ex-Forest).

Viktor attended yesterday's game and if anybody wondered why there was a BMW with a German plate in the players spaces, now you know why.

Aged 23, 5 foot 10, attacking midfielder, started life at Bayern Munich and currently at Charleroi in Belgium, clearly enjoys set piece deliveries and is very much two-footed as well which helps.

It'll be interesting to see if he makes the cut - just waiting for the Viktor, Bopp, Bopp, Bopp songs to emerge from the stands!

Its pleasing were scouting around more widely, but I do wonder if midfield is top priority right now. And how does this work with SOD's claim that he likes to sign players he already knows?

Lots of managers sign players they already know. It's quite common for new managers to bring in players from their previous club(s) as they know the characters and capabilities.

This doesn't mean that he can't, won't or not like to sign players that he doesn't know.

That's the reason for having someone on trial though isn't - you can get to know their character as well as their ability.

Plus, the scouting network which Burt has set up will now feature trusted personnel. Due dilligence is always done.

Its pleasing were scouting around more widely, but I do wonder if midfield is top priority right now. And how does this work with SOD's claim that he likes to sign players he already knows?

John Pemberton has known Viktor Bopp since working with his elder brother at Forest, so I expect he has been on the radar for some time.

He ditched him because of the 7 day registration thing? That seems a bit harsh.

Anyway, according to my calculations, we've now had 631 foreign trialists and still signed none. Have I forgotten someone?

a quick glance and i thought you had stumbled on a new formation 631 should keep a clean sheet with that.

Are any relation to Readers ?

Archived