IGNORED

Missing Albert...?

PFree

I'm not sure if anybody else agrees but for me, out of the players who have recently left, Adomah is missed the most.

What's concerning is that Albert was our most creative player and now that Jet is probably the only player who can, and does create, his inconsistency is the concerning aspect.

Whilst we all want to watch entertaining football, that's played on the floor, until we do gel and bring in a player or two that complements the squad, we will need to consider playing a large centre forward up with Baldock in the hope we create goals down the middle - we aren't good enough to open up defences with sometimes going long?

If you think back through recent games, we have been most effective whilst Harewood has been up front?

I'm not sure if anybody else agrees but for me, out of the players who have recently left, Adomah is missed the most.

What's concerning is that Albert was our most creative player and now that Jet is probably the only player who can, and does create, his inconsistency is the concerning aspect.

Whilst we all want to watch entertaining football, that's played on the floor, until we do gel and bring in a player or two that complements the squad, we will need to consider playing a large centre forward up with Baldock in the hope we create goals down the middle - we aren't good enough to open up defences with sometimes going long?

If you think back through recent games, we have been most effective whilst Harewood has been up front?

Albert was as inconsistent as JET (who I don't actually think is that inconsistent, or at least hasn't been with us), if not more. We miss him, but he doesn't and wouldn't have fitted in with O'Driscoll's approach sadly..

I agree that we've missed him more than any of the other players that departed in the summer. The attacking outlet he provided has often been something we've lacked this season, no player in our side has anywhere near the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck like Albert was able to, and that has often been a problem this season for us. Without wanting to pick on a single player, Wagstaff doesn't offer enough of a threat going forward for me, at least not yet.

Then again, I don't think many clubs wouldn't miss Albert if he left them. We have the squad that we have, let's focus on them and not think about the past.

Two completely different players in different positions, can't really compare them

And in two completely different teams, with completely different central midfielders around them. Like comparing chalk and cheese.

Archived