IGNORED

Dele Adebola

Carey 6

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24036393

Article on bbc about Dele Adebola still playing in the lower leagues for 'the love of the game'

Apologies if it's been posted before!

I quite liked Dele at city, love how in the article it says

'Having been paired up front with the likes of Peter Ndlovu, Andrew Johnson, Geoff Horsfield, Dougie Freedman, Rob Earnshaw, Matty Fryatt and Lee Hughes during his professional career'

No mention of Maynard in there! ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24036393

Article on bbc about Dele Adebola still playing in the lower leagues for 'the love of the game'

Apologies if it's been posted before!

I quite liked Dele at city, love how in the article it says

'Having been paired up front with the likes of Peter Ndlovu, Andrew Johnson, Geoff Horsfield, Dougie Freedman, Rob Earnshaw, Matty Fryatt and Lee Hughes during his professional career'

No mention of Maynard in there! ;)

I thought he was fantastic. The palace playoff first leg he was everything a centre forward should be and he terrified there defenders. Sadly he was poor at Wembley along with many others.

The article also says this....

After 20 years as a pro, it looked as if his career would end in disappointment when, on his first visit to Wembley - having been loaned out by Rochdale - his hopes of helping Wrexham back to the Football League were dashed.

First visit to Wembley!!!???

The strongest player I think I have ever seen in a Bristol City shirt, when he got on one of those runs defenders would bounce off him!

I'd give that accolade to Tony Rougier.

I remember one game when Rougier was holding the ball by the corner flag and he literally had three opposition players trying to push him off the ball (which seemed like minutes) and the ref ended up giving a foul against him as the ref felt sorry for the opposition not being able to get the ball back!

Archived