IGNORED

The New Exiles Scheme..

chalky

I expresssed a serious interest as the pilot scheme was in Manchester, which would have put me in touch with follow Redsvin the area.

Low and behold the club returned with an email telling me about a car share system that was running from Pontyclun, South Wales, FFS.

I did reply explaining that I was in Manchester and was still interested in the scheme/idea, to which the club sent me an email about a car share in Pontyclun, South Wales.

So I went and watched United (out of frustration, im not a fan) instead and decided that my days of watching City will be restricted to occasional home games and away games in the midlands and North of England.

I expresssed a serious interest as the pilot scheme was in Manchester, which would have put me in touch with follow Redsvin the area.

Low and behold the club returned with an email telling me about a car share system that was running from Pontyclun, South Wales, FFS.

I did reply explaining that I was in Manchester and was still interested in the scheme/idea, to which the club sent me an email about a car share in Pontyclun, South Wales.

So I went and watched United (out of frustration, im not a fan) instead and decided that my days of watching City will be restricted to occasional home games and away games in the midlands and North of England.

That's more than I got! Emailed a couple of times about Manchester and had nothing in return! I know of a couple of Reds around here who like yourself only attend close games nowadays and would probably be interested.

It's fair to say the club are hopeless!

Whereabouts in Manc are you mate?

I'm over in Hulme and I know that there are at least 3 Reds in Chorlton as I met them on the train back from Molineux.

"Wayne Allison's tongue" is also Manchester based and a nice bloke- Gave me a lift to the Derby county game last season.

Seem to remember you mentioning that you were near the Northern quarter/Green Quarter?

I'm looking forward to the Oldham game as it will be the first time in a while that I haven't spent a fortune on transport to the game!!

So the club comes up with a great initiative, fans approach them with a willingness to make it work and they are ignored. You could not make it up?

Reading the blog there is a combined 1,000 fans on the databases from Manchester and Wales combined - if only 50 in Manchester who would be keen on joining a scheme then you could fill a coach to attend home games in. Get to know city fans in the area too. DaveL can you contribute to this?

Splitter .

Hi all. I'm cordinating the Manchester group. I've just got married and changed job so been a bit hectic at my end. Apologies for the delay! I was planning on sending an email this weekend and was going to suggest something for the Crewe game on the 19th? If anyone was not included on the original mail shot please email bcfcnorthwest@gmail.com

Hi all,

Not sure what's happened with the Manchester scheme sorry, but I've been coordinating the S.Wales version and have around 25 fans who have made contact.

We've had a couple of car shares already to games, have a Facebook group set up so we can chat to each other, and I am planning an initial

meeting in Oct/Nov so we can chat about the sorts of things we might like to do.

Appreciate that doesn't help those of you in the North, but wanted to let you know the initial idea of the scheme (and I've been supported by the club) is alive & well!

Archived