IGNORED

City V Crawley - Postponed

RedM

I know there is another thread saying the match was in doubt, I have just amended it to Postponed. But for anyone who doesn't see it, the home match against Crawley next Saturday, 12th Oct has been postponed due to International call ups. No new date has been announced yet.

I think the key player here is Derrick Williams - although we've signed Dunk, if we lose any more defenders, as well as DW on international duties, we're screwed. I can only imagine that's where the decision rested, maybe?

I guess it is, and the injury doubt that Flint has been for a game or two. I can't think that losing Elliott who has probably only played half the games ?, including a fair few sub appearances or Wes Burns who I can't remember him playing this season yet would stop us if it were them and another fringe player, eg Kilkenny(ha ha).

I'm surprised there isn't a rule citing the number of appearances or minutes playing time by such players introduced.

I guess it is, and the injury doubt that Flint has been for a game or two. I can't think that losing Elliott who has probably only played half the games ?, including a fair few sub appearances or Wes Burns who I can't remember him playing this season yet would stop us if it were them and another fringe player, eg Kilkenny(ha ha).

I'm surprised there isn't a rule citing the number of appearances or minutes playing time by such players introduced.

It's not a simple as that though M. We've had Elliott and Williams called up, who will almost certainly be in the matchday squad today. Should we pick up an injury to Flint or Dunk today, Williams would have been needed next week. The same goes for Elliott, he probably won't start today, but an injury to Pack or Reid and he'd be needed. We have to cover all bases, it's unfortunate for those that it affects, but that's what happens when we play in the lower leagues.

I've not mentioned Burns because it seems fairly clear that he's not going to be used for some reason, but that's for another thread.

Archived