IGNORED

The Thoughts Of Vale Fans

luke_bristol

If I were a Brizzle fan tonight I'd be gutted.

too right :(

Massively got out if jail there.

The Bristol fans must feel mugged for not winning that game,and rightly so

Bristol have been completed robbed. And to think we could have even own it at the end with JMW!

Their number 10, Thomas?, was the best player I've see this season. He totally bossed the game and it was worrying we couldn't out a plan together to deal with him. He dropped deep, he went wide and he led the line.

when everyone is on song we are a match for most in this division but we got an undeserved point,

Very gracious of them but it's scant consolation :/

No, and the boo-boys won't listen. They want SOD's head and nothing else will satisfy them. Mind you, nothing less than back to back European League wins would satisfy them, so there's no point in trying.

Very few boo boys, about 92% backing SO'D in the latest poll.

That certainly won't have decreased today after a really encouraging performance bar the last minute - I'm getting more convinced he's the right man if anything.

No, and the boo-boys won't listen. They want SOD's head and nothing else will satisfy them. Mind you, nothing less than back to back European League wins would satisfy them, so there's no point in trying.

I'd settle for winning a league that exists, nevermind one that doesn't.

Actually,scrub that, I'd settle for winning a game.

How you can equate wanting to win two European Cups to wanting to win the occasional league game is beyond me

I'm afraid compliments from opposing fans, managers etc. don't get you any points. We had similar, if more patronising, stuff from Swindon. In itself it does not signal a golden dawn. If and when good performances are accompanied by players taking chances and not giving away bone headed goals I'm sure more fans will be persuaded that the plan is coming together. It may take time but only a finite amount is available. Let's see where we are after another 10 games perhaps. In the meantime neither the sack the manager nor the everything in the garden is rosy positions seem to be justified to me.

I'd settle for winning a league that exists, nevermind one that doesn't.

Actually,scrub that, I'd settle for winning a game.

So sorry. It is, of course, the Tesco / Vodafone / Gazprom / Sulemain ben Ibrahim al Fakir Trading Company European First Second Third and Fourth Place League.

I don't. I'm just pointing out that some people are never satisfied.

Some people aren't satisfied? When we haven't won in the league for 19 games. Well you can count me in that little group if you like.

And before you go off on one about me wanting SOD sacked and being a boo boy, I don't and I'm not.

Yours, Dissatisfied, Avonmouth.

Very few boo boys, about 92% backing SO'D in the latest poll.

That certainly won't have decreased today after a really encouraging performance bar the last minute - I'm getting more convinced he's the right man if anything.

I seriously doubt that, judging by other groups and forums etc.

I agree he is the right man for the job, the performance today was outstanding.

I don't. I'm just pointing out that some people are never satisfied.

But wouldn't a phrase like that normally be applied when things are going well but some still complain? I sincerely hope nobody at the club is satisfied with things as they are. I'm sure SOD isn't but if people are then the club is even more complacent and even lower in its expectations than I thought. Virtually nobody expected much from this season but I doubt even SOD at his most defeatist expected results to be quite as bad as they have been.

But wouldn't a phrase like that normally be applied when things are going well but some still complain? I sincerely hope nobody at the club is satisfied with things as they are. I'm sure SOD isn't but if people are then the club is even more complacent and even lower in its expectations than I thought. Virtually nobody expected much from this season but I doubt even SOD at his most defeatist expected results to be quite as bad as they have been.

You wouldn't have posted this if we won.

I'd say there is quite a difference of where we could be in this league and where we are now.

In the last 4 league games, we have totally dominated but drawn. Do you not see that we are capable of getting to grips with turning our qualities and dominance into 3 points per game rather than 1?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24185211

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24028003

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24349481

It is important that when we get our first win, we build on it and get a run going. If we can't get a run of form, then it'll be time to worry.

WE NEED THAT FIRST WIN TO PUSH ON.

When we win that first game, not if. Just wait and time will tell.

I'd say there is quite a difference of where we could be in this league and where we are now.

In the last 4 league games, we have totally dominated but drawn. Do you not see that we are capable of getting to grips with turning our qualities and dominance into 3 points per game rather than 1?

It is important that when we get our first win, we build on it and get a run going. If we can't get a run of form, then it'll be time to worry.

How long do we wait though? After Peterborough plenty on here were saying we had a run of winnable games coming up, yet here we are still waiting.

Having al the posession in games is great but what I wouldn't give for a hard fought, on the back foot, scrappy 1-0 win.

Admittedly SOD can't legislate for Flints mistake yesterday (put your foot through it son) but 10 games into a seasn and no win, despite some decent play in patches, is only going to increase the pressure. I dread to think what this board would be like if we'd lost the Rovers game.

id have to be insane to be satisfied..im with the 92% that would not wish for a change of manager,and figure that a poll asking of our satisfaction would read a similar figure in the negative..

There's plenty who feel the same, it's just one or two posters who think that not dancing around an effigy of SOD and proclaiming that all is well with the world, automatically means you want him out.

There's plenty who feel the same, it's just one or two posters who think that not dancing around an effigy of SOD and proclaiming that all is well with the world, automatically means you want him out.

Who's doing that? Can we have pictures, please?

How long do we wait though? After Peterborough plenty on here were saying we had a run of winnable games coming up, yet here we are still waiting.

Having al the posession in games is great but what I wouldn't give for a hard fought, on the back foot, scrappy 1-0 win.

Admittedly SOD can't legislate for Flints mistake yesterday (put your foot through it son) but 10 games into a seasn and no win, despite some decent play in patches, is only going to increase the pressure. I dread to think what this board would be like if we'd lost the Rovers game.

I'm with you and agree on all points.

Just a longer wait than anticipated, but the telling will be if we can maintain a high average points streak given a run of games - once we win one, of course.

But we didn't despite the best performance of the season. I commented on the facts rather than the hypothetical. SOD hit the nail on the head in his interview, boiling down to start taking chances and stop making stupid mistakes at the back.

My main point though that the phrase "some people are never satisfied" didn't seem appropriate given our record. It would have applied for instance to those who were dissatisfied through much of Johnson's period, the kind who expected Orr to be Danny Alves and McCombe to be Beckenbaur. Whether or not fans are satisfied is neither here nor there anyway. If SOD were satisfied with our record I would be alarmed. Fortunately he doesn't seem to be. He is not accepting excuses and is beginning to put the responsibility on the players to deliver results as well as performances. That gives me more hope than any amount of what ifs about previous games.

Archived