IGNORED

Just Got Back From Vale

Forza Revolution

Staying with family so home already. Firstly, If we play like that we will win more than we lose. I cannot believe that we did not win today. We had all the possession and had numerous chances. I cannot remember the last time I felt so comfortable watching city and feeling like we would win. In my opinion baldock let us down. He had a number of chances and fluffed them all. No matter how much possession we have, if we don't score we don't win. Second half all the stewards came into the away end because they knew we were going to score and we did. The ground was silent for 90 minutes, no atmosphere from either end. I guess the lack of atmosphere from our end was because we knew what would happen. Same old City.

Cheers for the feedback.

Baldock's a funny one. Sometimes he's so clinical, others he's downright wasteful. Almost like when he has no time to think, he just scores instinctively. Make him think a bit and he gets in a muddle and fluffs it. Maybe he's one of these that SOD talks about that needs to improve his decision making.

Mind, I can't comment on his chances today, still in exile.

Lots of positive noises today tho, it's looking better each week. :city:

Just back from game, how we didn't win I will never know. Baldock missed a hatful of chances and port vale never looked like scoring. Couldn't see from where I was (bang behind net) but i think was pack or flint with the suicide back pass that gave vale the point.

Just like to say the more I say Nicky Shorey the better he gets, so calm on the ball and always looking for a pass.

Whole defence looked solid and maybe knowing dunk is on sidelines gave them kick up the butt they needed.

Just seen in Sod interview was flint, would explain at ft he was so devastated and had to be consoled by the players. Just hope that helps make him stronger and not lose confidence.

Just back from game, how we didn't win I will never know. Baldock missed a hatful of chances and port vale never looked like scoring. Couldn't see from where I was (bang behind net) but i think was pack or flint with the suicide back pass that gave vale the point.

Just like to say the more I say Nicky Shorey the better he gets, so calm on the ball and always looking for a pass.

Whole defence looked solid and maybe knowing dunk is on sidelines gave them kick up the butt they needed.

Just seen in Sod interview was flint, would explain at ft he was so devastated and had to be consoled by the players. Just hope that helps make him stronger and not lose confidence.

He was cursed by the commentators, they said what a great game he was having.. The next time we hear his name (about 2 minutes after) it was the back pass .. Goal...

it happened to Becks big time…and he came back stronger

Flint was superb until that pass. Although I think perhaps we could of done with hoofing it before it had got to him.

I was impressed with the defence although I still worry when Maloney gets isolated on the ball.

Thought we controlled the game for long periods and should of been ahead by more (how one in the first half hit the post and stayed out is beyond me) but the longer it stayed at 1-0 the more I felt the sucker punch was coming even though vale did nothing to merit this feeling.

Took a mate with me who was back home from oz for the month. He was actually very impressed with how well we used the ball.

How can you blame Sod when we yet again have 20 shots and only score 1.lack of confidence in front of goal as you heard when Williams ran on and on but too scared to shoot ......

The problem for SOD is simple and I think today was finally a wake up call for him, he knows if this winless streak continues, he will at some stage lose his job, that will be the inevitable conclusion and the players will still be here to exasperate the next new manager, that is how it goes in football.

I wouldn't mind betting the last words SOD said to Flint at half time was something along the lines of......................

"Aden I know since you arrived here we have tried to stop you launching aimless long balls and to be fair you are improving, but here's the thing, only in emergencies and not so much when the small is guy is playing up front on his own Ok, however when one of the big guys you know Marlon or the ginger assassin come on that's the time it'll be ok to launch long aimless balls, because hopefully we will leading or drawing the game and will want hold on to what we've got, do you understand"?.

I think the reactions to today's game can be split into two camps.

One will focus on yet another game we have failed to win, yet another school boy defensive error and yet another game where we fail to take the points we deserve from it.

The other will be heartened by an excellent performance, and however naïve it may be come to the conclusion the results have to pick up soon if we keep playing like that.

I'm personally in the second and more optimistic camp, which is quite unlike me.

That's the curious thing. Anyone who knows me will know that I'm a card-carrying pessimist, but I can see what Sean is doing and I like it. I'm prepared to wait, because I can see that it will come good.

Maybe that's because I've seen them play without rose-tinted spectacles or a red mist in front of my eyes...

One will focus on yet another game we have failed to win, yet another school boy defensive error and yet another game where we fail to take the points we deserve from it.

The other will be heartened by an excellent performance, and however naïve it may be come to the conclusion the results have to pick up soon if we keep playing like that.

I'm personally in the second and more optimistic camp, which is quite unlike me.

I agree you are correct, I listened to SOD's interview and it cheered me up no end, I loved the fact that he showed little sympathy towards Flint and why should he?, but he sounded to me (my personal opinion) like a man who has realised that if the run continues much longer the inevitable will happen and once more it will be down to the players of BCFC.

Surely it's possible to have a foot in both camps?

Sounded like an excellent performance today, yes, but IT IS another game we've failed to win. That's 19* now under SOD and despite the fact we are playing some decent stuff in patches, this is a results business, he know's that as well as anyone.

*10 if you're one of those not counting last season.

That's the curious thing. Anyone who knows me will know that I'm a card-carrying pessimist, but I can see what Sean is doing and I like it. I'm prepared to wait, because I can see that it will come good.

Maybe that's because I've seen them play without rose-tinted spectacles or a red mist in front of my eyes...

Have you always been so self-righteous and smug? Every single post you make lately is either incredibly pompous or about a bloody hedgehog.

It was the same after the Swindon game who were a much better opponent.

You see I think you are missing your rucks with brass eye and all of the pent up aggression has resulted in you imagining far more people calling for SOD's head than actually exist, you seem to be trying to pick a fight with anybody, just worried about your health mucker.

Not trying to pick a fight with anyone, and I've Ignored brasseye so i only see his posts when someone is foolish enough to reply to him.

What pees me off is those fans whose life stumbles from one "X Out" campaign to another. Those who only see the result, not the performance, possibly because they don't see the performance in the first place. I'm happy to argue the merits and demerits of Sean's selection and tactics. That's preferably with someone who knows what he or she's talking about and wants City to succeed rather than to be a target for venting their spleen.

As I said elsewhere, I'd bet good money that, after 88 mins today, there were people here hovering over their keyboards waiting to type "Hooray, we won. Now we're 17th". We let in a daft goal, which must have made their day.

I agree you are correct, I listened to SOD's interview and it cheered me up no end, I loved the fact that he showed little sympathy towards Flint and why should he?, but he sounded to me (my personal opinion) like a man who has realised that if the run continues much longer the inevitable will happen and once more it will be down to the players of BCFC.

That is of course the bottom line. As much as I believe we will turn this round and I fully behind SO'D I am not one that thinks people shouldn't be depressed with our form or should be criticised for questioning or not believing in the manager. We have all watched enough Football to know that we need to win sooner or later because otherwise he will be sacked. We can talk about long term plans and looking promising, but that can't sit alongside waiting forever to win a game.

Surely it's possible to have a foot in both camps?

Sounded like an excellent performance today, yes, but IT IS another game we've failed to win. That's 19* now under SOD and despite the fact we are playing some decent stuff in patches, this is a results business, he know's that as well as anyone.

*10 if you're one of those not counting last season.

Of course you can and maybe I was guilty for being overly simplistic.

You are without question correct in what you say and I'm not for a second defending the current run or suggesting that SO'D should be without question. Some of what I see to be over the top defences of him on here over the past few weeks have been somewhat cringe worthy. I have however seen enough in the games this season that make me think we are improving and we will turn this round sooner or later. I wouldn't for a second suggest that everybody should share this positivity, but I do think there are reasons to be optimistic. Hopefully I am correct in this!

As for the 19 games, of course it is 19 games not 10! I am someone who has wanted SO'D here for a long time and I am clearly still firmly behind him, but I do struggle to understand some of his apologists for how pathetically we gave up the ghost after the Wolves defeat.

Have you always been so self-righteous and smug? Every single post you make lately is either incredibly pompous or about a bloody hedgehog.

Pompous or merely literate? To be fair, it's difficult not to sound pompous when speaking in my own defence.

Archived