IGNORED

Come Montenegro

Cowshed

Moron alert

Have a think. Will England winning benefit football in this Country generally?

Will it help address poor[almost non existent] coaching and youth development?

Failure might, only might make those who run the FA address, or attempt to tackle the status quo.

Failure might, only might make those who run the FA address, or attempt to tackle the status quo.

Watching a world cup isn't the same without England, however shite they may be.

Get what youre saying but don't think wishing England to loose for this reason is helpful either.

Get what youre saying but don't think wishing England to loose for this reason is helpful either.

Failure was used as a catalyst to revive French, German and Spanish football.

All three FA's have far more coaches for kids than England. Not just more but far more.

Bristol? Kids at local teams often will not have qualified coaches. In Bristol you too often pay to put your kids in front of coaches e.g Community trust or FFS. In Spain there are coaches in schools, pre school, post school, everywhere. Why? Because their FA ensure it happens, it is a national responsibility.

The FA and its XI? Insular, greedy and shabby.

I don't disagree with your sentiments Cowshed, I too think the FA need bringing to account. A bunch of rather old, out of touch, old school tie types who really don't have a scooby about football. But wishing England to lose an important game is not on. It won't help the situation here - what is needed is a few younger, proactive forward thinking people on the FA board who can drive through change - positive change.

Used to go regularly to watch England. loads from city did. now its a handful. try not to mention it all in front of non football fans how far i went as i am a bit embarrassed by it now and the money spent. didn't know who England were playing. awful to watch England and wembley last time i went was last night night of the proms.

I don't disagree with your sentiments Cowshed, I too think the FA need bringing to account. A bunch of rather old, out of touch, old school tie types who really don't have a scooby about football. But wishing England to lose an important game is not on. It won't help the situation here - what is needed is a few younger, proactive forward thinking people on the FA board who can drive through change - positive change.

Italia 90 and Euro 96 brought new riches into football - TV revenue. This created the Premier league, the richest league in the world.

Its representative XI with the FA are a truly admirable bunch.

The FA and Premier league created the elite player programme. A programme that has down sized and even shut football development via academies at clubs. A programme that has been totally gerrymandered to serve the "big clubs" best.

Football in this country has its biggest and most lucrative deal in history. Not even 1% of those hundreds of millions of pounds will go to youth development and coaching those below the age of nine.

In Spain an underperforming national team lead to a total restructure of its football. The benefit is there to see.

In Germany an underperforming national team lead to a restructure of its football. The benefit is there to see.

In France the government threatened intervention if football did not sort itself out. The benefit is there to see.

Englands [?]team fart and belch along, getting pissed, bragging about wealth, spit roasting for the tabloids on an ever increasing gravy train. Nothing happens except football nationally goes backwards, and more importantly that of our kids gets left further behind.

Used to go regularly to watch England. loads from city did. now its a handful. try not to mention it all in front of non football fans how far i went as i am a bit embarrassed by it now and the money spent. didn't know who England were playing. awful to watch England and wembley last time i went was last night night of the proms.

Bang on.

I dont know what's more depressing, the footballing performances orcthexface painted wierdos that now make up the crowd.

Archived