IGNORED

Wembley Advice

City fan 1982

Parking in Uxbridge is an option worth considering - it's only a couple of miles from the M4, and is at the end of the Metropolitan line (same line as Wembley Park). Also, after the game you'll be heading in a different direction to the majority of people on the tube, and you'll be back on the M4 fairly quickly.

I used Uxbridge last time I went to Wembley, The tube is next to a shopping centre so plenty of restaurants near by if you want value for money food, Instead of the Wembley crap, Also it's only a couple of stops to Wembley, And makes for a quick getaway

I used Uxbridge last time I went to Wembley, The tube is next to a shopping centre so plenty of restaurants near by if you want value for money food, Instead of the Wembley crap, Also it's only a couple of stops to Wembley, And makes for a quick getaway

I believe a survey showed that Wembley was one of only two grounds with worse food than Ashton Gate. Of course, that was the Old Wembley, so I expect the food has improved now. Just like it has at the gate.

:rofl2br:

Parking in Uxbridge is an option worth considering - it's only a couple of miles from the M4, and is at the end of the Metropolitan line (same line as Wembley Park). Also, after the game you'll be heading in a different direction to the majority of people on the tube, and you'll be back on the M4 fairly quickly.

+1 Have always used Uxbridge when going to Wembley, As mentioned in post above you will be going in the opposite direction to the majority and easy to get back to the M4.

I always park on one of the residential driveways nearby (book it through parkatmyhouse.com) - if you park on one of the roads to the south of the stadium, off of the Harrow Road you can get a driveway for around £15 with only a 5-10 minute walk. As it is the other side to where the car parks are I have never experienced any traffic when leaving but give yourself plenty of time to get there as it is usually pretty congested on the North Circular as you get nearer to the stadium. Plenty of places to get something to eat walking up to the stadium without having to pay stadium prices. If parking elsewhere and getting the tube in, bear in mind that the queues for the tube after the game are horrendous - not so bad if on your own but wouldn't put my young son through that again! We go to most games and usually bump in to fellow city sometime during the evening.

Enjoy!

Park at West Ruislip (off M25) loads of roadside parking by train station ... then cheap train journey (2 stops) to Wembers..

Coming out the largest queues will be for trains heading into Central London...the shortest for trains heading Wycombe way...2 stops and you are back in the car....back on M25 usually within 20/25 mins of game ending...even quicker if you are of the ilk to leave 5 mins early...

I always park on one of the residential driveways nearby (book it through parkatmyhouse.com) - if you park on one of the roads to the south of the stadium, off of the Harrow Road you can get a driveway for around £15 with only a 5-10 minute walk. As it is the other side to where the car parks are I have never experienced any traffic when leaving but give yourself plenty of time to get there as it is usually pretty congested on the North Circular as you get nearer to the stadium. Plenty of places to get something to eat walking up to the stadium without having to pay stadium prices. If parking elsewhere and getting the tube in, bear in mind that the queues for the tube after the game are horrendous - not so bad if on your own but wouldn't put my young son through that again! We go to most games and usually bump in to fellow city sometime during the evening.

Enjoy!

Same here. I parked 5 minutes from the ground on someones drive, handed over £10 and parked up. On to the circular road, joined the motorway by Brentford and home 2 hours after the final whistle. As for food places, plenty of curry houses, fish and chip shops around that serve plenty of decent food but I agree...DON'T eat in the ground.

MM

Three tips to avoid the queues on Wembley Way (which haven't been too bad for recent England games, even if you stay until the final whistle, as loads of people will start leaving from 70 minutes onwards so there won't be as many people in the queue as you'd otherwise think):

1) Don't use Wembley Way. Walk along Empire Way instead and use the side entrance to Wembley Park tube station - much, much quicker

2) If using Rayners Lane or Uxbridge, you could consider walking back to Preston Road station instead of Wembley Park. Preston Road is the next stop up on the norhbound Metropolitan Line and is about a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium

3) Get a bus from Wembley High Street to any of the other nearby tube stations (Alperton or Sudbury on the Piccadilly Line, Hanger Lane on the Central Line, or Stonebridge Park on the Bakerloo)

Archived