IGNORED

Sod

Cap flinger

Well, he's won 3 cup games this season which obviously don't count in your mind.

So why should losing tonight's cup game matter?

I couldn't give a flying fudge about losing that game tonight,that cup is embarrassing ( except for giving us the chance to beat the gas).

Maybe so but the tweets attributed to SOD are saying he gives a flying fudge about losing especially the manner in which we lost apparently.

For the second game running now his post match interviews (which IMO have improved) have given me the impression that he is becoming exasperated with the players and he realises that they will (if results continue in the same vein) ultimately get him sacked.

• Admin

This is the trouble with football today, where would Man Utd be today if they sacked ferguson when he was struggling ?? People who know football can see what the club and sod are trying to do.

It won't happen overnight, we won't get relegated and we will improve and will be better off for it. We just need to get through a difficult couple of years.

Patience will pay off I have no doubt about it.

Fergie won 12 and lost 8, drawing 9 in his first season, the next season won 29, drew 12 and lost 7 if that was struggling, WTF are we doing, your comparison is miles wide of the mark.

You couldn't make it up...

BCFC supporters on this forum berating SO'D for being critical of the players - and yet OTIB posters insult and criticise those same players on a daily basis.

Hypocrites.

The same fans who would of criticised SOD if he would of tried praising the players after tonight's performance. It was all about giving him time in the summer, things may not be going great for us but apart from tonight's game results don't look far off just need that little bit of luck to kick start the season.

And who the hell is going to turn this club around?

Nigel Clough?

Neil Warnock?

Paolo di Canio?

Sir Alex?

Are we all forgetting we are now a struggling league one side, I cannot see an experienced manager coming to City to turn us around when they can simply get better offers elsewhere.

Sack SOD and then hello league 2!

There is something fundamentally wrong with this club, starting with the board and it's all gone tits up since SL left, we've had no leader, no voice and no passion! Now we're 40 odd million in debt, 4 managers in 3 years, and we want another sacked? Are you crazy, no one will want to come to us!

SOD in!!

Nigel Clough?

Neil Warnock?

Paolo di Canio?

Sir Alex?

Are we all forgetting we are now a struggling league one side, I cannot see an experienced manager coming to City to turn us around when they can simply get better offers elsewhere.

There is something fundamentally wrong with this club, starting with the board and it's all gone tits up since SL left, we've had no leader, no voice and no passion! Now we're 40 odd million in debt, 4 managers in 3 years, and we want another sacked? Are you crazy, no one will want to come to us!

SOD in!!

Keep SOD and its hello basement, this clown is up there with satin pulis

Keep SOD and its hello basement, this clown is up there with satin pulis

Sack SOD and who will be interested in coming to this club? The joke claims of Nigel Clough and Neil Warnock are baffling, we won't get them, we're 20th in League 1 remember, not 20th in the Championship.

Sack SOD and who will be interested in coming to this club? The joke claims of Nigel Clough and Neil Warnock are baffling, we won't get them, we're 20th in League 1 remember, not 20th in the Championship.

But we're a massive club.

Nigel Clough?

Neil Warnock?

Paolo di Canio?

Sir Alex?

SOD in!!

Why exactly is it the board's fault?

I'd give you a hand there pal, but we know it won't happen as it's Bristol City. I hate Billy Davies with a passion but would also give him a piggy back down here, but we also missed out there big time with him going to Forest who I believe are doing quite well!

Thinking about it though I doubt very much who we get it if SOD goes will make any difference as the players weren't good enough last season, that's why we went down, and the players aren't good enough this season by the look of things!

I really don't know why we bother with all this shite sometimes but you're along time dead. We may get some success one day in about 2090! :laughcont:

Forest fans must be laughing

But we're a massive club.

Of course we are....

Why exactly is it the board's fault?

Well at any successful club, there is healthy board leadership and I do not see that from the club at all anymore. It starts from the very top. 4 Managers in 3 years, all have bad names against them by the fans, surely 4 in a row and nearly possibly SOD says something isn't quite working.

Fergie won 12 and lost 8, drawing 9 in his first season, the next season won 29, drew 12 and lost 7 if that was struggling, WTF are we doing, your comparison is miles wide of the mark.

Statistics and damn lies. Yes your end of season stats may be right but the problems were he had long barren periods (which he turned around and a cup run helped)...Much like we are having!

So many would take issue with your comparison too!

Of course we are....

Well at any successful club, there is healthy board leadership and I do not see that from the club at all anymore. It starts from the very top. 4 Managers in 3 years, all have bad names against them by the fans, surely 4 in a row and nearly possibly SOD says something isn't quite working.

Your post makes absolutely NO sense at all.

Of course we are....

I don't really see what more they can do though. They brought in experienced/talented managers (in most cases) and have supported them in the transfer market. Surely beyond that, it's the manager's duty to get the best out of the players?

Would having a 'football man' between the board and Manager or on the board make a difference? At least then any decision made would have a football input rather than the present system which, apart from Gary J, seems to fail regarding appointments.

I don't really see what more they can do though. They brought in experienced/talented managers (in most cases) and have supported them in the transfer market. Surely beyond that, it's the manager's duty to get the best out of the players?

Don't ever use the word "duty" in connection with modern football.

• Admin

Statistics and damn lies. Yes your end of season stats may be right but the problems were he had long barren periods (which he turned around and a cup run helped)...Much like we are having!

So many would take issue with your comparison too!

Biggest barren spell in first season was 4 games without a win, second season, that dropped to 3 games, third season he did go 9 without a win, but only two losses in that period, fourth season it was 8 without a win, 4 draws, 4 lossess, so again, I find comparing Fergies barren spells with our own dire statistics, somewhat meaningless.

Thats not to say I am saying sack SO'D in the morning, but if by December we still see no tangible improvement in results, I think the board should be considering a change in time for the Jan window.

Think the Board is about the only one I wouldn't point a finger of blame at. The only criticism being they've been to soft on managers, players and backroom staff. £50 million and worse than when we started and in free fall. No wonder SL has lost interest in our over-paid bunch of light-weights.

McInnes, Coppell and Sod appeared sound appointments and what the majority of fans wanted at the time so can't necessarily be blamed for those appointments. Tins and Milly questionable granted.

Biggest barren spell in first season was 4 games without a win, second season, that dropped to 3 games, third season he did go 9 without a win, but only two losses in that period, fourth season it was 8 without a win, 4 draws, 4 lossess, so again, I find comparing Fergies barren spells with our own dire statistics, somewhat meaningless.

Thats not to say I am saying sack SO'D in the morning, but if by December we still see no tangible improvement in results, I think the board should be considering a change in time for the Jan window.

Yes comparing Man United to Bristol City is somewhat meaningless!...I remember the period well and pulling out more little nuggets to support your comparison meaningless also. The guy (AF) was on days to do five or six times but turned it around...That is what happend

Perhaps a comparisson with GJ and Alan Dicks is called for....Did GJ not lose 9 in a row and gradually brought it back to a point we were in with a shout of the play offs at the end of the Season.

This is a ground up revolution greater than the one GJ was responsible for. The fact is we are playing our own and buying talented youth and giving them a chance to settle is called for....

My forecast is SoD will be here long after Christmas and if we dont get relegated will be here next season too.

I advised someone recently to take up yoga (although I dont think you are in that category), Its going to be a hell of a ride but the vision is the only one that will make us sustainable in the L-T...

You know I think I should add and this is not aimed at you as I dont know what your views were, but many were saying get out of this competition, we have had our fun. To be fair that view still stands for many!

• Admin

Yes comparing Man United to Bristol City is somewhat meaningless!...I remember the period well and pulling out more little nuggets to support your comparison meaningless also. The guy (AF) was on days to do five or six times but turned it around...That is what happend

Perhaps a comparisson with GJ and Alan Dicks is called for....Did GJ not lose 9 in a row and gradually brought it back to a point we were in with a shout of the play offs at the end of the Season.

This is a ground up revolution greater than the one GJ was responsible for. The fact is we are playing our own and buying talented youth and giving them a chance to settle is called for....

My forecast is SoD will be here long after Christmas and if we dont get relegated will be here next season too.

I advised someone recently to take up yoga (although I dont think you are in that category), Its going to be a hell of a ride but the vision is the only one that will make us sustainable in the L-T...

You know I think I should add and this is not aimed at you as I dont know what your views were, but many were saying get out of this competition, we have had our fun. To be fair that view still stands for many!

Interesting points and I do agree that the statistic game is pointless.

GJ's 9 game spell came fairly early on and in equivialent terms to SO'D, Johnson was well on his way to turning things round after 9 months, at the moment, this turnaround or transition appears to be lumbering off in any direction but the desired one.

My view regarding the JPT is that we should have been looking to build on the last result in it, success and confidence breeds more success and confidence in any sport, so whilst Premiership clubs might 'toy' with the league cup, they have squad players to keep happy and they have little chance of trying them out in the Premiership. Divison 3 ( as it really is) is a different kettle of fish, no 25 man squad of talent, most teams are lucky to have enough quality to put on the pitch and the first couple of subs, so at some time during the year, even the youngsters and lacklustre journeymen get a game or two.

I suppose the club would survive as an entity if we suffer another relegation, but I'm not so convinced that the will to pay good money, to watch poor football would be anywhere near as prevelant as it was in our last tumble to the bottom of the pile, so numbers would reduce and so the situation perpetuates, possibly consigning us to a long spell as a basement club - I just cannot see the board ( or SL) accepting this as a conceiveable option.

Interesting points and I do agree that the statistic game is pointless.

GJ's 9 game spell came fairly early on and in equivialent terms to SO'D, Johnson was well on his way to turning things round after 9 months, at the moment, this turnaround or transition appears to be lumbering off in any direction but the desired one.

My view regarding the JPT is that we should have been looking to build on the last result in it, success and confidence breeds more success and confidence in any sport, so whilst Premier League clubs might 'toy' with the league cup, they have squad players to keep happy and they have little chance of trying them out in the Premier League. Divison 3 ( as it really is) is a different kettle of fish, no 25 man squad of talent, most teams are lucky to have enough quality to put on the pitch and the first couple of subs, so at some time during the year, even the youngsters and lacklustre journeymen get a game or two.

I suppose the club would survive as an entity if we suffer another relegation, but I'm not so convinced that the will to pay good money, to watch poor football would be anywhere near as prevelant as it was in our last tumble to the bottom of the pile, so numbers would reduce and so the situation perpetuates, possibly consigning us to a long spell as a basement club - I just cannot see the board ( or SL) accepting this as a conceiveable option.

Hi again MR

Not sure that I agree with your assessment that the GJ turn around and the SoD position are equivalent.GJ had 'play boys' masquerading as football players with a party attitude. Hence the comment about 'footballers' and 'football players'

This is about a complete change of the strategy toward the first 11. The core of the team are young and the under 21 squad younger. They will be coached to play in a similar way to enable players to come into the first team when needed which will help in continuity after injuries and sales.

The change in the rules regarding financial fair play will mean we will have to sell players to maintain ourselves and as such we need to sell at a profit and replace quickly...This will not happen overnight and GJ certainly did not have to deal with it.

I agree entirely with your JPT assessment, we played a 16 year old tonight and a player who is self confessed not match fit along with others we would not normally have played in a league game. The unfortunate thing is this will mean you run a greater chance of losing which is what happend

Our last tumble to the bottom of the pile came about because we were bancrupt as we both know and the board wont see this as a conceivable option but do know its a possible consequence of the strategy thats been adopted. My feeling is that it is highly unlikely we will be relegated and as such SoD will be here next season with a group of players that will be older wiser and we will all be better for it!....Thats what we all hope....A charge up the table will help and I can see that coming, but if it doesnt a mid table position will be acceptable...

Archived