IGNORED

It's A Results Driven Business

HarryCardno

"Transition" is the word that the club will describe this current spell.

However if the transition isn't complete soon we will be in trouble again, it's the unthinkable really but it's happened to Wolves, falling down two flights of stairs, we really could do without doing the same.

I want SOD to succeed but it's just not happening unless he's planning a double promotion, win the EPL and follow that up with the CL then I'll wait a bit longer but I'm as sure as anyone that he isn't planning that.

It is getting very messy down at AG and it's not what we deserve at all IMO.

But as we all know it comes down to either investments or a very good youth squad in this day and age and we seem to have neither.

"Transition" is the word that the club will describe this current spell.

However if the transition isn't complete soon we will be in trouble again, it's the unthinkable really but it's happened to Wolves, falling down two flights of stairs, we really could do without doing the same.

I want SOD to succeed but it's just not happening unless he's planning a double promotion, win the EPL and follow that up with the CL then I'll wait a bit longer but I'm as sure as anyone that he isn't planning that.

It is getting very messy down at AG and it's not what we deserve at all IMO.

But as we all know it comes down to either investments or a very good youth squad in this day and age and we seem to have neither.

I can see, just, if I try really hard, the "double promotion," (I know, daft as it sounds, call me deluded etc), but not the EDL thing. I know Tommy Cockles, whatever his name was, lost the EDL "dressing room" and has "walked" but SOD, leading that lot? Will they buy his unorthodox, laissez faire approach to winning and losing?

The reasonable result for this club this season is to stay up ... nobody said it would be painless!

Many, many (not all, I accept) City fans on this very forum thought before the season started that L1 was a "very poor division" (sic) and that you'd romp to promotion this season, what with all the hoof-ball played there versus SO'Ds version of Total Football that would be played at the Gate. Even during the Play-offs on Sky last year I was reading that City would walk all over L1 if thats the best L1 had to offer.

Of course the reality has (so far) turned out to be very different. Its all very well TALKING a good game (as SO'D can obviously do) - translating that into results is a different matter of course.

If football was played on paper and on the basis of managers programme notes then City would indeed walk L1. Time to SOD to walk the walk as well as talk the talk I think!

Many, many (not all, I accept) City fans on this very forum thought before the season started that L1 was a "very poor division" (sic) and that you'd romp to promotion this season, what with all the hoof-ball played there versus SO'Ds version of Total Football that would be played at the Gate. Even during the Play-offs on Sky last year I was reading that City would walk all over L1 if thats the best L1 had to offer.

Of course the reality has (so far) turned out to be very different. Its all very well TALKING a good game (as SO'D can obviously do) - translating that into results is a different matter of course.

If football was played on paper and on the basis of managers programme notes then City would indeed walk L1. Time to SOD to walk the walk as well as talk the talk I think!

Daniel - absolute, complete bollocks. There were a few, but not 'many, many'

I think most people were tipping Wolves, Peterboro and Brentford (I won't add at this point I said to keep an eye on Orient!) as being well ahead of City

Also, if football was played on paper then City wouldn't 'walk L1' either, the three teams I mentioned all have better squads than us

Lazy, you're better than that

Sure i saw on your forum that you all thought you would be challenging for promotion this season and how JW was the Messiah, now it's Ward bugger off with you dated long ball rubbish!

Archived