IGNORED

Bbc Radio 5. Or 6 Music.

Does anyone listen to Radio 6 Records? The afternoon show with those two chummy northerners, Radcliffe and Macaroni? Now, you might be surprised to learn an old duffer, like myself, listens to such a groovy, young hip and happening station dedicated to all that is new and current among young music fans. But I love the droll, northern banter. And I love it when listeners call or write in to request, not a record, but a firework! Yes, they get the sound of a rather limp, damp squib firework struggling to make it's way up into the sky. Very arch, very ironic. Well, I was thinking, someone might write into them and request one for us, on the occasion of our first league win, when that glorious day arrives. Okay, if it does.

Anyone got an envelope and a stamp? Second class'll do

They've just gone down in my estimation. Talking about bearded goalies, the one from Bolton mentioned Nigel Martyn. It was a silly tache, Mark. He was a good keeper, though

Idiots the pair of them but playing some decent music.

Now the one from Wigan's mentioned another gashoalie, Jim Esomething, from the seventies! Was he the won wot saved all the pens and won the wotsit cup for them? Anyway, he had a beard. Had enough of this show for today. I'm going to try 'Allo Allo' on BBC 2. Will there be any mention of the Rovurrzz in that? I shall listen carefully and let you know

And "Hit the North" before that, when you were at school, young man. On crackly old mediumwave, radio 5. And the City, riding high in the upper half of English professional football. Modesty forbids me mentioning my central role in all of that, back in the glory days when this club of ours had leadership, direction, purpose, and harmonious ties with the customers. Ask any old bugger at AG, they'll tell you.

Knowledgable and entertaining broadcasters. Also agree with the praise for Matk and Lard evening show - great mix of music, authors, poets and comedians - and great sessions too.

BBC 6 Music is the way forward (and a mention for John Kennedy on XFM)

Though no one will replace Peelie...

Archived