IGNORED

Two More Missing For Three Seasons.....

Avalonred

Fine is too high and the three year banning order a joke. People are out there getting away with murder compared to the "crime" of setting off a smoke bomb.

Think the fines and bans are meant to be exemplary and are attempting to stamp out this behaviour rather than being punishments for the actual offence. People could always go to football and behave like decent, civilised human beings I suppose, or is that asking too much?

Think the fines and bans are meant to be exemplary and are attempting to stamp out this behaviour rather than being punishments for the actual offence. People could always go to football and behave like decent, civilised human beings I suppose, or is that asking too much?

To my knowledge smoke bans aren't banned anywhere else in Europe and certainly not punished in this way. You see them at German games regularly, is that not a reasonably "civilised" country?

They contribute to the atmosphere and are harmless. Court sentences should always be exemplary and the fact of the matter is that in magistrates courts up and down the country much more harmful crimes get less punishment.

This is seriously turning into a police state. Way over the top sentence.

Soon they will just ban you without needing a conviction as I guarantee the new peado law they are bringing in will be used for other offences....... I say offences but that would presume a conviction has taken place, which it has not. So much for innocent until proven guilty and Magna Carta.

Why have a trial when we can give the police the powers to do what they want without a court.

To my knowledge smoke bans aren't banned anywhere else in Europe and certainly not punished in this way. You see them at German games regularly, is that not a reasonably "civilised" country?

They contribute to the atmosphere and are harmless. Court sentences should always be exemplary and the fact of the matter is that in magistrates courts up and down the country much more harmful crimes get less punishment.

I've been to matches in Portugal, seen flares and you're right - they add to an atmosphere. How safe they are 'close up' seems debatable to me. Further to that, some grounds with old wooden stands would be obviously unsafe, whereas concrete bowls might be safer

Taking all this into account the authorities, perhaps with Bradford in mind, have banned flares in the UK. The fact that they are banned in the UK is very well known.

If you take smoke flares into a ground here and let them off you know what you're doing and should take the consequences and not complain.

Simples.

In most other European countries, you can gain admission to the games using Euros. You can't in England, that's because the rules are different and everybody knows it before turning up at the ground.

I do agree that a 3 year banning order is way OTT though. A fine would surely have surficed (if this was a first offence)

Pretty sure Bradford let a smoke bomb off against City at the start of the season.. wonder if that fan was identified, fined and given a 3 year banning order?

Absolute joke and a disgrace to ban a couple of lads for letting off a smoke harm which did no harm to anyone, just add to the atmosphere. Not like they have bashed anyone now is it?!

Standing is a crime in a stadium, Yes Standing up!! The Sunderland fan last year got a 3 year ban for persistent standing,

Yet people involved in the London Riots walk away free having stole from shops and caused destruction, But Standing in a stadium no no no, You can't be doing that

Setting fire to shops, Ah Can't see there face on CCTV ah well maybe next time, Setting a smoke bomb off, No harm done in that, I didn't hear any reports of any harm, But a 3 year ban seems necessary,

My point, Catch the real criminals who walk away free because the police are too busy stamping down on standing up! Not all fans are 'hooligans' it still feels like the 80's just in plastic stadiums

Could very well be 26 more added to the banned number very soon!

Word has it that the local rag will be publishing "Wanted" pics from the Roverzzz game tomorrow.

Oh, and a 3 year ban for these 2 lads is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I was at MK Dons and at no point was anyone is danger from this flare.

I feel sorry for these lads. Football bans are meant to be dished out to stop hooligans and fighting. These poor kids were trying to create a fun and enjoyable atmosphere, not a hate fuelled one. Ridiculous.

BCFC should set a precedent here and contact the courts to ask for the bans to be overturned. How novel that would be eh? A football club appealing to the court to ask for their fans back, fans who weren't intent on hooliganism, but of creating a fervent support. These lads are passionate supporters, not hooligans. It'd be great for the football club to stand up to this, don't you think?

Dream on harry! empathy for fans from this lot! More chance of NTFS becoming DG of the BBC!

Yeah, I know bud. What a great gesture it would be though. Standing up for the fans. Won't happen though. Football clubs have zero balls when it comes to the authorities.

This ladies and gentlemen, is modern Britain.

I assume the lads weren't wearing safety goggles, a high viz jacket and protective footwear nor do a full risk assessment at the site and obtain a safety certificate for handling explosive materials when they let the flare off, this would be seen as a major safety concern to the pen and clipboard brigade.

Smoke grenades/flares can and do burn people seriously. I was at te dung game, and saw the smoke billowing, but not the people doing it, did think it could result in injury if it went tits up. Dont s'pose being aware of CCTV everywhere ya go would dawn on em. They'll allus catch you out inside a ground. Smoke flares bit of a giveaway of an incident..

Smoke grenades/flares can and do burn people seriously. I was at te dung game, and saw the smoke billowing, but not the people doing it, did think it could result in injury if it went tits up. Dont s'pose being aware of CCTV everywhere ya go would dawn on em. They'll allus catch you out inside a ground. Smoke flares bit of a giveaway of an incident..

We don't do proper smoke flares but the U.S. Army and Marines do.........

Archived