IGNORED

Cunningham

ciderbeans

Anyone have any idea what hs happened to him?

disappeared out of the first team and when he is in it, performances have been well below par?

Has he been injured or has he lost interest in playing for the club?

The cunningham of old (when he first signed) was awesome and we raved about him and suggested he could be captain.... those days seem to be gone.

Funny enough. I looked over to him just before Kick off on the first day of the season, looking at his body language the first thing that came to my mind was, he doesn't want to be here and he thinks better than this level. No way of knowing this of course, just what I thought. Strange.But true.

Or perhaps he was hoping to be sold as part of the relegation issue, one would assume he is not on big money as he would have gone like the others.

Or more likely he is on big money which is why no-one came in for him? The kid's not going to have signed a 4-year contract for peanuts and he was signed at the time we were splashing the cash around for fun. I think it would be naive for one to assume he isn't on big money as I expect it's the opposite.

Funny enough. I looked over to him just before Kick off on the first day of the season, looking at his body language the first thing that came to my mind was, he doesn't want to be here and he thinks better than this level. No way of knowing this of course, just what I thought. Strange.But true.

SOD acknowledged, or revealed, after that game, that the team were edgy, nervous. They were spooked by a 14,000 expectant crowd rocking up. After a dismal relegation. Think they were banking on things being a bit quieter, more low key. Maybe he was overly nervous, not ready to be one of the better players we look to for consistent form. Maybe it's the injury. Maybe it's what you say above. We don't know. We can only guess, and guesses are not always spot on. W could do with him back to his better form, his best years should still be ahead of him

He's still a decent player. Greg's confidence and ability is not the issue here, it's the manager's team set up that's causing the problems.

How do you figure that one? He's playing in his normal position, with a tidy player in front of him and should be making those runs from defence that we know he can - and his compatriot at RB is.

Instead it looks like he's lost interest in going forward and is scared shitless whenever he has to defend.

Why can't posters just accept that good players can just lose form? How long he'll be off his game is anyone's guess. Can we take the chance though. It could be permanent.

Whether it's the after-effect of the injury, a desire to leave the club, a loss of confidence, or something we don't know about off-field, the fact is he isn't doing his job this season.

Another case of a BCFC player losing confidence and form following assassination by an element of posters on OTIB...

I really don't think OTIB is that important and influential on a player. In some circumstances, i.e. Dinning this may be true but in no way has Cunningham been targeted by the fans, he's just lost form for whatever reason. As it goes I think it was that injury at Peterborough that has been the biggest impact on his form.

Oddly enough, I thought this as well, I was there with my family to watch it and said to my wife, how the crowd were up for it, but the players did not appear to be (and that was as we kicked off).

I went to the JPT game at Wycombe and again right at the kick off as they got into position the body language was terrible, lots of sheepishly looking around, dropped shoulders, eyes down. They were either super confident or ready to get beat (it turned out to be the later)

Another case of a BCFC player losing confidence and form following assassination by an element of posters on OTIB...

I doubt many players read the forum and those who do I'd hope were more thick skinned than that. I'm sure they are their own biggest critiques.

Manager not getting the best out of him? One of a few players who need picking up after last season I think.

Archived