IGNORED

Help With Old Lotto City Shirt

FredTheRed08

$T2eC16RHJIcFHN1b7ls,BSP)OsQcpw~~60_12.J

Hi,

Got this shirt on eBay with official BCFC merchandise label sewn into bottom corner.

Lotto did two white away kits with City - the Centenary jersey and the one with the high round collar with Lotto written across the neck.

This shirt looks more like the second Lotto away kit (the John Ward promotion season) but the collar is different.

However the Sanderson printed logo is more similar to the Centenary jersey, the second kit just had an S in a black circle.

I'm wondering if this was an early prototype to the second Lotto jersey?

Was it ever used by City's first team?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Yeah agree Libertine1. The material and badge is similar to the second white Lotto away shirt (the centenary shirt had an extra big badge) while the sponsor and Lotto logo look similar to the first. I've never seen one before hence why I bought it. It must have been produced after the first Lotto away shirt but before the second?

How strange. The little label sewn in the corner is an oddity. I've never seen that on any City shirt. I think your guess of a prototype sounds about right.

There was a home shirt similar to this mystery one that had a label sewn in the corner, possibly lotto was well and sponsored by Sanderson

Looks like the 1996-1997 season away shirt

Same template as the home shirt

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

The 96/97 away shirt is the one pictured further up the thread with the plain black collar (which you could tuck in if you wanted to wear it collarless) and massive badge. Also the material on the 'mystery shirt' appears different with shiny white stripes a bit like England shirts from the early 90's.

I read on here recently that one year in the late 80's we had a season where the Hirerite sponsor changed colour from white to black or possibly vice versa. I'd be intrested to know if this shirt was worn by the squad in any games during the 96/97 season instead of the shirt that was on sale to the fans, assuming it is from that season.

Archived