IGNORED

Please, Keep Supporting Your Local Team

SJC

Thoughts and opinions, as ever, good or bad, agree or disagree, welcome . .

http://www.bristol247.com/2013/10/14/bristol-city-please-keep-supporting-local-team-44982/

An excellent read, boss. I was not aware of your stuff, so had a read of pieces right back to your (I presume it's you?!) look at McInnes in August 2012.

All thoughtfully put together, nicely balanced points (I liked, in particular, the "Some will nod their heads, others will scoff, both, in their own respective ways, have just cause") and - more importantly for me personally - the language, punctuation and syntax is actually informed and educated, which, believe it or not, otib, some of us like to appreciate every now and then.

I don't expect A Level punctuation and grammar in every post on here, or even every other post, but at times I cannot - literally - follow the thread of someone's 'argument'. I read and re-read 'it' but still cannot make head or tail...

Similarly, reading Stockhausen, and subsequently developing something akin to StockhausenSyndrome, the lazy journo-cliches and phat phrases he puts to emply makes me bang my head through the bloody laptop.

To sum up, well written That Man, and bravo in particular for knowing a few different words than your average local newspaper sports room.

An excellent read, boss. I was not aware of your stuff, so had a read of pieces right back to your (I presume it's you?!) look at McInnes in August 2012.

All thoughtfully put together, nicely balanced points (I liked, in particular, the "Some will nod their heads, others will scoff, both, in their own respective ways, have just cause") and - more importantly for me personally - the language, punctuation and syntax is actually informed and educated, which, believe it or not, otib, some of us like to appreciate every now and then.

I don't expect A Level punctuation and grammar in every post on here, or even every other post, but at times I cannot - literally - follow the thread of someone's 'argument'. I read and re-read 'it' but still cannot make head or tail...

Similarly, reading Stockhausen, and subsequently developing something akin to StockhausenSyndrome, the lazy journo-cliches and phat phrases he puts to emply makes me bang my head through the bloody laptop.

To sum up, well written That Man, and bravo in particular for knowing a few different words than your average local newspaper sports room.

employ

Apologies.

It's not just his spelling ES, it's the way he doesn't check facts or proper names. Keith "Bert" indeed!

All thoughtfully put together, nicely balanced points (I liked, in particular, the "Some will nod their heads, others will scoff, both, in their own respective ways, have just cause") and - more importantly for me personally - the language, punctuation and syntax is actually informed and educated, which, believe it or not, otib, some of us like to appreciate every now and then.

I don't expect A Level punctuation and grammar in every post on here, or even every other post, but at times I cannot - literally - follow the thread of someone's 'argument'. I read and re-read 'it' but still cannot make head or tail...

Thank you, nice of you to say.

Yes that is me, done bits on and off for some time before the McInnes piece. Always interesting reading things you have previously said, on the subject of McInnes I remember being relatively adamant he would turn it around and was really quite surprised it fell apart as swiftly as it did.

Thank you, nice of you to say.

Yes that is me, done bits on and off for some time before the McInnes piece. Always interesting reading things you have previously said, on the subject of McInnes I remember being relatively adamant he would turn it around and was really quite surprised it fell apart as swiftly as it did.

Could not agree more. Maybe his infectious, youthful energy caught us off guard but he had me at "Och aye the helloo".

In fact he was a major contributing factor in us starting our fanzine again after 20 years hibernation.

I really willed him to succeed like none other before. GJ I was fully behind and swept up in but it seemed incongruous that he would take Yeovil then us from Divs 5 to 1 - has anyone done that? It appeared almost inevitable to us that he would hit a brick wall somewhere (didn't think it'd be called Dean Windass, though) - hand-grenade tactics in the changing room are bound to result in an injury to your own face at some point. The inevitability of it all was surely cemented by the fact that no manager lasts that long these days (I give you Nigel Clough recently the longest serving Champ manager at 4 years).

Coppell I had hopes for but, as someone who has similar ups and downs, I have always thought there was/is something morosely depressive about him and having been out of the game for so long (relatively speaking) it was all on shaky ground as an experiment from the off. Didn't expect such a hole to develop so speedily, though.

Millen, I will admit, we were right about - rubbish. Number 2 at best.

SoD? It's all about how long the board hold their nerve, given the current pickle we are in, results-wise. A few more games without a win and it's squeaky-finger-on-the-trigger-time, as Slur Alec wouldnae say.

I hope we stick with SoD. He's refreshing and thoughtful and deserves time.

Is there a link to your older stuff?

Could not agree more. Maybe his infectious, youthful energy caught us off guard but he had me at "Och aye the helloo".

In fact he was a major contributing factor in us starting our fanzine again after 20 years hibernation.

I really willed him to succeed like none other before. GJ I was fully behind and swept up in but it seemed incongruous that he would take Yeovil then us from Divs 5 to 1 - has anyone done that? It appeared almost inevitable to us that he would hit a brick wall somewhere (didn't think it'd be called Dean Windass, though) - hand-grenade tactics in the changing room are bound to result in an injury to your own face at some point. The inevitability of it all was surely cemented by the fact that no manager lasts that long these days (I give you Nigel Clough recently the longest serving Champ manager at 4 years).

Coppell I had hopes for but, as someone who has similar ups and downs, I have always thought there was/is something morosely depressive about him and having been out of the game for so long (relatively speaking) it was all on shaky ground as an experiment from the off. Didn't expect such a hole to develop so speedily, though.

Millen, I will admit, we were right about - rubbish. Number 2 at best.

SoD? It's all about how long the board hold their nerve, given the current pickle we are in, results-wise. A few more games without a win and it's squeaky-finger-on-the-trigger-time, as Slur Alec wouldnae say.

I hope we stick with SoD. He's refreshing and thoughtful and deserves time.

Is there a link to your older stuff?

Not sure there is a link, Editor revamped site while back and think things dropped off radar.

In a snippet, and I'd love to discuss it further;

Johnson - Huge fan.

Im far from 'itk' and accept that if, as touted, he'd 'lost the dressing room' he had to go. But am a firm believer that you place faith in what's at the top. On the flip side, I'd heard talk he hadn't handled certain personal issues experienced by players incredibly well.

Millen - Never sold on him. He certainly didn't save us from relegation though our results did pick up. Didn't look assured, the only manager I can remember saying should be sacked.

McInnes - Started well, promised much, signed strikers, drifted, capitulated.

S'OD - I put faith in managers who have produced results, as he has. I accept the situation is unerring and agree that if the winless run should continue much longer he will come under major scrutiny. But, I'm a fan, he knows his stuff.

Archived