IGNORED

Time To Talk Now!

Langford Red

This so called board is saying nothing

They want us to spend our money, and be patient

The new ground took presidency over everything

We dont even know what to expect with that? or when we will ever hear anything

Managers are being sacked for far less (Having better seasons)

We know we need a couple of players

But we are expected to just keep turning up with no future known

There is only a hand full of fans who even know who the chairman is or even looks like

We see more of John Lansdown than the so called chairman

This keep ball technique is not working with one small man up front against the tall Div 1 and 2 central defenders

It looks like to me, we are keeping the ball far to long. Players want the ball quicker and the opponents can read were we will be passing the ball next 

I will still be at crewe on Saturday.

One thing I have noticed is we have so many different fans at games

All my friends and fans I always recognised at games are not there any longer (I think they have had enough of becoming a good club, and over night we are a terrible side again)

The board can not keep blaming the managers

As soon as they leave us they do well at other clubs

Steve Lansdown (THE REAL CHAIRMAN) Come out of hiding and let us know what is happening! :grr:

This so called board is saying nothing

They want us to spend our money, and be patient

The new ground took presidency over everything

We dont even know what to expect with that? or when we will ever hear anything

Managers are being sacked for far less (Having better seasons)

We know we need a couple of players

But we are expected to just keep turning up with no future known

There is only a hand full of fans who even know who the chairman is or even looks like

We see more of John Lansdown than the so called chairman

This keep ball technique is not working with one small man up front against the tall Div 1 and 2 central defenders

It looks like to me, we are keeping the ball far to long. Players want the ball quicker and the opponents can read were we will be passing the ball next 

I will still be at crewe on Saturday.

One thing I have noticed is we have so many different fans at games

All my friends and fans I always recognised at games are not there any longer (I think they have had enough of becoming a good club, and over night we are a terrible side again)

The board can not keep blaming the managers

As soon as they leave us they do well at other clubs

Steve Lansdown (THE REAL CHAIRMAN) Come out of hiding and let us know what is happening! :grr:

Not going to happen mate, they've wheeled out Tinnion in the local rag today.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-19933375-detail/story.html#axzz2hgGcnKvU

Not going to happen mate, they've wheeled out Tinnion in the local rag today.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-19933375-detail/story.html#axzz2hgGcnKvU

To be fair, Stockhousem happened to bump into Tins at the game yesterday & got a couple of quotes from him. I hear JL is speaking to the press tomorrow although I'm sure many on here will pick holes in everything he says no matter what. Damned if you don't, damned if you do....

• Admin

To be fair, Stockhousem happened to bump into Tins at the game yesterday & got a couple of quotes from him. I hear JL is speaking to the press tomorrow although I'm sure many on here will pick holes in everything he says no matter what. Damned if you don't, damned if you do....

Depends really what he says ?

So in response to fans demands, the chairman, chief exec or even SL does an interview. In the interview they reassure fans that the club is on track with it's long term plan. They go on to say that while results haven't been what we wanted all the right signs are there that the new football philosophy is coming together, and that SOD is the right man and  has their backing and ask fans to be patient and support the team and manager to see the job through and that results will come through.

How many on here will be happy to hear that?

Many want to hear from the people at the top, but I fancy they will only be happy if the people at the top say what they want to hear.

Point is mate, it wont be the Head Honcho like the OP is calling for.

So in response to fans demands, the chairman, chief exec or even SL does an interview. In the interview they reassure fans that the club is on track with it's long term plan. They go on to say that while results haven't been what we wanted all the right signs are there that the new football philosophy is coming together, and that SOD is the right man and  has their backing and ask fans to be patient and support the team and manager to see the job through and that results will come through.

Many want to hear from the people at the top, but I fancy they will only be happy if the people at the top say what they want to hear.

I would like to know why I should trust the same people who have made mistakes in the past with the decisions in the future.  What has changed that should make me believe that it will be different?

Who on the current board is accountable for the mistakes, the last 3 managers have been the scapegoat for our recent decline, but the same poeple employed them all and now the are hiding behind SOD and letting him take the flak.

People forgave SL for mistakes cos of the money he invested, that investment has now reduced and the club has to manage itself differently if that cant be done who his responsible?

If the investment is not there why is SL, JL, KD anymore qualified to run this club than you or I? 

SL/JL and KD own over 80% of the club between them.

We don't.

Owning the club doesnt make them more qualified, just means they own it and through their ownership (management) we are 50 million in debt.  The people that own the business I work for are not the right people to run it (and they dont), all I am asking is what makes them the right people to run/manage City. 

SL has said that his role now is chief investor, he is qualified for that role has he has a pile of cash, not sure what the board bring to their roles to make us fans trust their decisions.

I would like to know why I should trust the same people who have made mistakes in the past with the decisions in the future.  What has changed that should make me believe that it will be different?

Who on the current board is accountable for the mistakes, the last 3 managers have been the scapegoat for our recent decline, but the same poeple employed them all and now the are hiding behind SOD and letting him take the flak.

People forgave SL for mistakes cos of the money he invested, that investment has now reduced and the club has to manage itself differently if that cant be done who his responsible?

If the investment is not there why is SL, JL, KD anymore qualified to run this club than you or I? 

The investment is there.  The previous level of over investment isn't.  The bills, wages etc don't pay themselves!!!

The investment is there.  The previous level of over investment isn't.  The bills, wages etc don't pay themselves!!!

My understanding is that wages now have to been funded by turnover, is this right?  What can investors pay for under the football league rules that isnt covered by turnover, transfer fees? Genuine question?

Sam 

You talk a lot of sense

And while they do own the club. If the fans did not turn up.

Their money would mean nothing

So our shares mean a lot more(Gate receipts) 

The board has lost this money on their own decisions. So they should get the debt paid off, and stop talking "The debt is not a problem"

They keep making these poor decisions, so stand up and admit it!!!!!

Absolutely in agreement. Well put, Downton Abbey City. Sorry, Downend.

Just as we can all use a quote here, a quip there to 'prove' our point (of view), similarly any words that come out of Jon L/Keith Dawe/Keth Berk/Bert (sic) will be - let's not say twisted - manipulated and edited to adhere to someone's opinion.

For me, having heard SoD and JL talk at the FP last week, the only - only - thing that's going to change anyone's opinion/words/attitude is a league win, which we covet so much.

That said, after one win, what then?

Round and round we go...

At one extreme only ten wins in a row with football reminiscent of Brazil 70/Holland74-78 and subsequent play-offs (at the least) will suffice for some (they have that prerogative)  ... at the other keep plugging away, incremental improvement in performances will catch the eye and avoiding relegation followed by progressive steps up next season keep anger at bay ...

And great washes of fans betwixt and between.

Like I say, for me, we can talk ourselves round and up our own wassnames, but a win is everything...

COYR at Crewe!!!

My understanding is that wages now have to been funded by turnover, is this right?  What can investors pay for under the football league rules that isnt covered by turnover, transfer fees? Genuine question?

Chiefly the stadium, training facilities and youth system I believe. Basically the things that a well-run, sustainable club should be investing in.

Point is mate, it wont be the Head Honcho like the OP is calling for.

When my Virgin media system plays up, I don't get a phone call from Sir Richard Branson!

As posted by others above, what on earth do people want them to come out and say...?!

They can tow the line to pacify people - people will moan.

If they act hastily and sack the manager to pacify others - people will moan.

They can't give an update on the Stadium until there is one.

They can't promise that we are going to beat Crewe on Saturday.

They can only say that despite results, they see signs of improvement generally and are confident that the foundations are being put in place for our long term goals. - people will moan at that too.

I don't want or need to hear anything from them until they have something of substance to say. What's the point...?!

I don't think that transfer fees do come under any kind of regulation. Obviously, every transfer has wage demands which DO have to fit within a regulated budget and the better the transfer, the higher their wage demands.

When my Virgin media system plays up, I don't get a phone call from Sir Richard Branson!

As posted by others above, what on earth do people want them to come out and say...?!

They can tow the line to pacify people - people will moan.

If they act hastily and sack the manager to pacify others - people will moan.

They can't give an update on the Stadium until there is one.

They can't promise that we are going to beat Crewe on Saturday.

They can only say that despite results, they see signs of improvement generally and are confident that the foundations are being put in place for our long term goals. - people will moan at that too.

I don't want or need to hear anything from them until they have something of substance to say. What's the point...?!

Do you not?  Peasant!!

Simple answer to that is because you either stump up enough cash to buy them out, or you put up with the decisions that they make.

Rightly or wrongly, that is the crux of it! It could be alot worse, when you look at some of the other boards that take over football clubs now. They might not be the best, but I think they do genuinely have the clubs best interests at heart. They certainly aren't in it to line their own pockets.

Sometimes people should be carefull what they wish for. Just ask Pompey fans, amongst others.

Simple answer to that is because you either stump up enough cash to buy them out, or you put up with the decisions that they make.

Rightly or wrongly, that is the crux of it! It could be alot worse, when you look at some of the other boards that take over football clubs now. They might not be the best, but I think they do genuinely have the clubs best interests at heart. They certainly aren't in it to line their own pockets.

Sometimes people should be carefull what they wish for. Just ask Pompey fans, amongst others.

All I 'wish' for is some clarity, who is accountable at a board level.  Not saying it needs to change, just saying that they are teflon right now and I dont believe that to be right.  As I said before it is easy to keep blaming the manager.

All I 'wish' for is some clarity, who is accountable at a board level.  Not saying it needs to change, just saying that they are teflon right now and I dont believe that to be right.  As I said before it is easy to keep blaming the manager.

But accountable to who? Not that it's an answer you wish to accept but the only people that have any right to demand accountability of anyone else are the people that own the club and nobody else.  Neither your nor my opinion on anything actually matters. Our only option is to accept the product on offer, or 'do one'.  To the end of trying to keep as many paying customers as they can the board will occassionaly pay lip service to fans' opinions but we shouldn't delude ourselves...

But accountable to who? Not that it's an answer you wish to accept but the only people that have any right to demand accountability of anyone else are the people that own the club and nobody else.  Neither your nor my opinion on anything actually matters. Our only option is to accept the product on offer, or 'do one'.  To the end of trying to keep as many paying customers as they can the board will occassionaly pay lip service to fans' opinions but we shouldn't delude ourselves...

I think this is probably a fair summary, although people should be careful not to confuse that with a critisism of our board in particular.

You look at any football club, company, corporation etc and there is a pecking order. In general, simplisitic terms, if the company is not performing, it will be the "staff" held accountable by the owners and who are changed. On the flip side, if the manager overspends or fiddles paperwork, it will be the Directors facing imprisonment (worst case scenario) not the management or players.

It is the way the world works, whether people like it or not and as I say, the only way to change it would be to generate enough income of your own via one route or another and but them out. I don't see a long que of people begging to plough their money into Bristol City Football Club, so for now, let's not be TOO critical of a board who do allow us to be competetive in the transfer market, offer us a secure future as a club financially and DO have goals and aspirations to improve the club over the short-medium term future. There are ALOT of clubs a hell of a lot worse off than us!

When the results on the pitch are bad, the manager is accountable and if it continues the fans call for him to be sacked, its happened to the last 2 managers and some want this manager gone (I dont by the way).

If the board keep appointing the wrong (rubbish) managers, why do we as fans think its ok to accept the next decision they make?

At the current time the Club lacks a figure head and that void can only by SL and it's never been quite right since he went to Guernsey.  Keith Dawe as chairman has been embarrassingly and silent.  JL is still young and it's unrealistic to expect him to give a charismatic and interesting lead.  

Gone are the days under GJ when the Club via its website used to give useful insights from the Chairman, Chief Scout and the Assistant Manager.  If a Club like Peterborough under their Chairman can give good PR and engage with the fans then City should be able to do likewise.  Part of the reason why Peterborough are successful and we aren't is because good communication can create a buzz about the place and that can only contribute to success on the pitch.  

Yes, results are the main ingredient to create that buzz but there is definitely something lacking at BCFC in it's Club communications.  I think I'll work out the chicken and egg question before I can fathom why Keith Dawe was appointed as Chairman.   Full Credit though to Sean O'Driscoll though for engaging well with the fans with the podcast and he came across really well in that format and credit to the guys asking the questions as they brought out the best in Sean.

Archived